What's new

Astra consistency

Hey everyone, I recently got some PIF Astra Superiors and the first shave I had with them was the best I've had. Then the second blade I used was terrible, I think it just pulled ever hair out, so I changed blades and the same thing happened . I then put the fourth blade in one side was ok but the other side was bad as well, then I put the fifth and and final blade in and it was smooth but not as smooth as the first blade. Is it possible I got a bad pack, my setup through the whole thing was a shower prep, Speick cream, a Progress set at 2.5, a Kent BLK4 brush, and I also checked the gaps on each side of the razor to see if they were off but they checked out fine. Please help!

I've had a few bad experiences with Feathers in the past, but I've been through several packs of Astras without a problem thus far.

Of course, I think bad blades slip through the cracks all the time, so it is highly possible you got a bad pack.

I've gone through about 20 Astra's so far and there hasn't been a bad one in the batch. With Derby's, it seemed like every other blade was funky.

I havent suffer that experience with the Astras.Actually with the Israelis ones,Super Iridiums and Gillette S my favourites.I bet that it was bad luck to get 3 blades that maybe werent sharper or smooth enough.Keep trying with them,theyre really worthy.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I usually get good shave with Astra. It never happened to me to have some hair pulled out on the first pass after changing the blade. As mentionned, it was bad luck!

Top Bottom