What's new

As Anticipated: Speick Stick Formula Change for 2024

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Coming to the US from Italy and buying Proraso overseas actually makes little sense, my friends. I can easily find Proraso here ANYWHERE and do pay roughly €2.10 a tube.
Anyway, thank you all for the suggestions. :001_smile

Marco, the cremo shaving sticks have already been discontinued already. There is a thread somewhere on this. I beleive they made them from about 2019 to 2022 or so. They were a very soft shaving stick considerably softer than Tabac, Speik, Arko, Palmolive or La Toja. They were very slick but the lather itself was average.

A quick question for my North American friends, please. Since this summer I'm coming to the USA, could I find Speick sticks in local supermarkets/drugstores? Are there any other shaving sticks available?
Depends on where you are traveling in the U.S. Some cities have shops, like Pasteur's Pharmacy in New York that specialize in shaving products with lots of items available. You can ask here about specific cities you will be traveling to. Prices may actually be higher than what you can find similar product back home. Most imported shaving products are heavily marked up. For example Prorasso shaving soap is typically around $10 per tub.

The typical local supermarket or drugstore may carry Van Der Hagen shaving soap. Beyond that we may see a tube of Cremo, possibly Prorasso and lots of canned shaving foam. Upscale stores may have a local artisan shaving soap but often the ingredients are not the best.

Edit: P.S. Just saw @T Bone 's post on Pasteur's. So I'm seconding his motion. Note per above you will want to focus on soaps not available to you in Europe as anything from your local area that is imported here will be heavily marked up.

I don't know about the latest veggie formula but I tried the v1 veggie stick and it was several notches below the tallow stick.

I ended up giving away 1.5 of the veggie sticks. I kept half in case I wanted to revisit it later on, which I did several times and still found it very lacking compared to the tallow version.

I still have 5 tallow sticks, which will last me a very long time given my open stick has been going since the last 3 years!

Top Bottom