What's new

Art Of Shaving store.

I guess it's cool that there are stores like these that will bring wet shaving to people's attention, but at the prices AoS asks for, these products better give me the best shave of my LIFE. Why am I going to spend $30 on a shave soap when I can get plenty of products online for $10-15? I'd rather go to Publix or CVS and pick up VDH soap. At least you're getting a good value. I've never been to an AoS, but there's one in the area that I will probably check out. I'm curious to see what products they carry, but they just can't compete with the selection and prices of the internet. It's not that I'm opposed to spending $30 on shave soap, but if I'm spending that much, I want to know that I'm getting high end, top of the line product. They are a business, and I am a part-time worker making less than $10 an hour. If they don't want to be reasonable, I will shop elsewhere.

Last edited:
I support small business owners whenever I can... the local, the start up. I pay a bit more to buy that way so I buy less...but I know I am supporting a family. So the Home Depot has to take a back seat to Mike at his Lakeside lumber, who's a former mill-right from Canada. Same with Steve and his brothers at Marshall Hardware. ..we like to keep the meat on THEIR families table.
But If I have need to, because of the hour and urgency, I don't denigh that the corporate store has a place that will meet that need.
AoS is there. ..but my money will go first to the family run, and as local as possible.

Top Bottom