What's new

Arko Shave Anticipation!

I have let my stick of Arko sit in the dining room to air out for almost 7 months in order for the super strong scent to diminish & it is time to test it! Just wish me luck. By the way I am trying to learn to face lather too. Thanks!

Happy 10 year B&B anniversary [MENTION=1080]Scotty[/MENTION]
I figured after 10 years on Badger and blade you would have given up on the Arko LOL good luck with the shave, let us know how it goes!

No need to let the Arko "moderate." Rip it open and get to shaving to enjoy the goodness. Look how happy the shaver on the label is!

7 months airing out? That poor lonely stick of Arko. You didn't even let it air out in a shave den with other shaving products so it would have company.

Does it smell like Ivory soap yet? I know some people say it takes a year or two to get to that point. I've never had unopened Arko laying around that long.

If you are open-minded toward the scent, the performance is hard to beat. Arko is about 60 percent of my shaves now. I whip up its lather right there in the ceramic mug where I keep it stored.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It would have been epic if he said he had left the Arko stick open for ten years ... And it still smelled!

AA (personally I love it's lemony clean scent)

I love the smell of Arko in the morning! It smells like... OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT!?!?!:lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding. I really like the Arko smell, personally.

Seven months is plenty of time for Arko to mellow. After a month or two in the air, I actually enjoy the scent, and as others have noted, the performance is competitive with expensive, high end products. Good luck.

The Arko shave worked out pretty good except for some razor burn due to Psorasis. The smell has mellowed alot & I offically set it in the medicine cabinet next to my Speick stick & La Toja shave stick. I usually bowl lather with Proraso or Captains Choice Sandalwood or the Bay Rum. I am improving on face lathering one day at a time. Next time I will rotate! :w00t: Happy Shaving!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I learned how to face lather using Arko while on the road. Now I face lather 95% of the time. Once you get accustomed to the quick and easy face lathering you'll be doing it with all your soaps. Have fun!

I've never had any soap that needed "airing out" before I used it. Not even Tabac. If anything, its better to dive right in and enjoy it. The scent will mellow out faster if you just get it wet and start using it.

But the scent of Arko is one of the great joys of wet-shaving. Its as close as I've found to that aroma of "Traditional Barbershop Scent" that all of us talk about but nobody can define.

Earlier this year, I upgraded from the stick and got the Arko puck from Amazon. There's no going back. The puck is much easier to load the brush, and the screw on cap keeps it nice and tidy in between shaves. Although the puck is expensive, at $9.95 for 90 grams, when it runs out, I will get the dozen-pack of sticks and grate them to refill the bowl. I just hope the container holds up that long, since it is made from rather thin plastic.

I got my Arko puck from Amazon too but the new scent to me smelled closer to Pine Sol & a urinal deoderizer put together.

I'm the same. Arko's a good performer at an outstanding price but I find it needs a good airing to abate what I find is its polarizing smell. I use Arko from a open soap container and always have a replacement stick airing out.

$P8192191.jpg

Top Bottom