What's new

Anyone try TGN 20mm super x-tra?

I've got the 20mm Super fan on the way to me. Should be here Mon or Tues. I'll let you know what I think of it by Fri.

This man is a researcher. I think this purchase is tax-deductible...maybe even get government funding!

Hopefully this helps.....
I am having some brushes made for me and I have the following knots for them; a 20mm Finest (which I haven't received yet so I can't comment on), 22mm silvertip grade A (haven't received yet) a 20mm Super badger fan, 24mm Silvertip Grade A and a 22mm Silvertip. To me, this is how I rate the softness...
1) Super (but barely)
2) Silvertip Grade A
3) Silvertip

I can't comment too much on backbone compared to one another since all of the knots are set at very different lofts (from a 45mm setting on the 20mm Super, 50mm on the Silvertip A and around a 54 on the 22mm Silvertip).

The silvertip is somewhat scritchy in my opinion, but not uncomfortable or unpleasant. The super and silvertip A are both very luxurious and have decent backbone. I think you will be very pleased with either the super or silvertip A if you are looking for a nice soft brush!

Chris

Last edited:
I set it at 48mm loft.

I like the fan shape of it.

I'd rate it as between the Finest and Uk super for softness and a little better than the grade A for backbone.

It's a decent middle of the road brush. A little less soft than the Grade A in my opinion (but my Grade A is well used and this is new, so consider that). Pretty respectably dense. Probably a bit denser than Grade A and Finest Fans.

I set it at 48mm loft.

I like the fan shape of it.

I'd rate it as between the Finest and Uk super for softness and a little better than the grade A for backbone.

It's a decent middle of the road brush. A little less soft than the Grade A in my opinion (but my Grade A is well used and this is new, so consider that). Pretty respectably dense. Probably a bit denser than Grade A and Finest Fans.

Do you think it blooms too poofy for soap pucks?

It's a little poofy, but dense enough I think it's ok. I'll snap a quick pic. It works fine for me, but I only use really, really, really good soaps. (I've tried about 50 different varieties, mostly vintage, and only keep a couple around)

Top Bottom