What's new

Anyone sporting Pompadours on here

I could probably pull it off but I wouldnt feel very comfortable. You pull it off well though, ive always wondered....Do you go throught more than 2 cans of murray's a year?

My dad taught me how to comb my hair like that when I was a boy. I remember he used Score hair gel that came in a tube. I quit using it when I started first grade, since non of the other boys were, plus it reduced the time it took to get ready for school.

Score...haven't seen that in years. In the old days (70's) when the worst terrorism we'd see was an occasional billboard burning, you could put Score hairdressing in one side of a large manila envelope, fill the other half with HTH pool chlorinator crystals, jam them together at the last second, and drive away before the whole thing caught the envelope on fire and torched the billboard!

(NOTE: MR. GILLETTE decries the use of incendiary devices in any form, but reports this only for its historical interest insofar as Score hairdressing is being remembered.)

Score was smelly, greasy product that I used to keep my "Princeton" in place!

Top Brass...now THERE is a hair product. I still have an old tube of this, and I see it quite often in out of the way places...like Sault Ste. Marie, MI! (Not meaning to be insulting, of course!):lol::lol:

Went from a mohican (like a mowhawk, but kept in a ponytail), to bald, to a quiff, to a pomp, and back to bald.

After shaving it for a while, I find that having hair is incredibly annoying.

Bullfrog, you got a killer pomp. I grew my hair out to try and achieve it last year, as my hair pretty much does anything I want it to do, but no luck. To me the Murrays was way to thick, even when warmed up. So mine, using a grease tonic looked more like this: (Below, good ole Mickey Rourke). But its gone now. What a shame.

proxy.php

A sample of what my doo will do when it gets a bit long.

Wow.. I just found this thread, wasn't on the board yet when it was created. Rikrdo that's a great pomp and great head of hair you have. I recently cut off my pomp to have a more conservative style for a job interview and to please my girl, but now I sometimes want it back. She kept telling me that I am too old to rock that look and I disagree, I think she mainly hated it because when I used alot of product it would stain the sheets.
So my question for you is what are you using to get that more natural look without all the grease?? I think she would go for it if I didn't load it up with alot of pomade all the time. Here's a pic of mine from about 2 years back.
proxy.php

I cut off my pomp once for a really short flat top. I thought it looked pretty nice but as soon as I got home one look from SWMBO I knew I had to grow it back out.
She said I looked like a cop, all I was missing was the mustache.

Moojuece, I did the same thing with my pomp about 3 years ago. I think the flattop is a really sharp style, next to the pompadour. I think a radical change like that freaks people sometimes though... my girlfriend at the time thought I had enlisted in the marines and so did my buddies, it was really short and very square, skinned sides and had the landing strip on the top, it was easy to maintain and it was nice and cool in the summer.

Top Bottom