What's new

Anyone sporting Pompadours on here

I just got my hair cut on Tuesday, so it doesn't get as much height as it sometimes does. Also, I left my Pomade at school (in Troy, NY, strangely enough (I see you're in Albany)), so all I have here is Vitalis.

Lookin good man. So do yo go to RPI. And its funny to see that your from pittsburgh cause that is where I went to school! Pennsylvania culinary.

Murray's is good and so is the Layrite (Isaac, I thought you were gonna wheel and deal that to me ;)
Also use Brylcreem, VO5 from time to time and some home made hair tonic.

Love the chops, BullFrog but if I tried to sport em, I'd be looking like the FAT Elvis ! :eek:

Murray's is good and so is the Layrite (Isaac, I thought you were gonna wheel and deal that to me ;)
Also use Brylcreem, VO5 from time to time and some home made hair tonic.

Love the chops, BullFrog but if I tried to sport em, I'd be looking like the FAT Elvis ! :eek:

I started a thread the other day about hair tonic and asked about making my own. How do you do it?

I started a thread the other day about hair tonic and asked about making my own. How do you do it?

Well......
I have experimented very little but what I have come up with is very effective....decent hold and is not greasy.
I spray it on damp hair, hot air dry and then style with a holding product (thickening paste, pomade, gel)

4 parts Murray and Lanman Florida water
1 part Jojoba Oil
poured into an atomizer​

They separate but a quick shake before spritzing and it all comes together nicely.
You could probably use any after shave / EdT you like that has alcohol in it and adjust the oil ratio to soot your needs.
Give it a go !

I also wear a pompadour with big ol' chops.
I use Murray's Nu Nile, best grease ever.
Between my obsession with getting my hair perfect and my new shaving obsession I think my wife is starting to wonder....

Do you think that you're worthy?:biggrin:

proxy.php

Madame de Pompadour, by Francois Boucher, 1757

No Pompadour for me, but I've got a bit of a suedehead thing I've been sporting for the last 7-8 years. Trusty 'ol Oxbloods.

My grandfather rocked the pompadour until he passed away ~15 years ago.

I suspect he was single-handed in keeping Alberto in business, he used to buy V05 hair spray by the case.

I'll stick with my flat top, but more power to those who want to rock-on.:001_smile

I cut off my pomp once for a really short flat top. I thought it looked pretty nice but as soon as I got home one look from SWMBO I knew I had to grow it back out.
She said I looked like a cop, all I was missing was the mustache.

Lookin good man. So do yo go to RPI. And its funny to see that your from pittsburgh cause that is where I went to school! Pennsylvania culinary.

Wow, I didn't see this post until now. Yes, RPI. How did you like Pittsburgh? Being a culinary student, I bet you went to Primanti Brothers to learn how to make a beautiful sandwich. Did you have your share if Iron City beer, too? Maybe some IC Light? I miss Pittsburgh. But I have some IC Light in my fridge up here!

I cut off my pomp once for a really short flat top. I thought it looked pretty nice but as soon as I got home one look from SWMBO I knew I had to grow it back out.
She said I looked like a cop, all I was missing was the mustache.

i once shaved my mohawk to get a job, and not only my girlfriend but my girlfriends MOM chewed me out for shaving my beautiful 'hawk. im lookin at having to do the same thing soon as im about to graduate/ turn 18/ hopefully move out on my own.

Top Bottom