What's new

Anyone interested in doing a CrOx spray pass-around?

Do you have any high magnification pics to back that up? I'm pretty sure I have seen several before and after shots posted by others that show no convexing at high magnification when CrOx is used with a hard substrate. I haven't seen any with my edges either when using a hard substrate, but I only have 30x optical magnification. I believe the reason a CrOx edge doesn't feel like a Shapton 16k or SG20k edge is just the nature of the abrasives used and their individual shapes. CrOx is much more of a rounded particle than the abrasives (AlOx) in the mentioned stones. P.S. I own an SG20K, and while it does give a pretty darn smooth edge, you are right - it is still nowhere near as smooth as the CrOx edge.

SLight convexing is good. Thats what pastes on a yielding substrate do as well as nagura slurry on jnats , coti slurry etc. One tip you can use for any hone is hone the blade heel leading throughout the progression then do straight or x strokes to finish. You will have a slight micro bevel.

Hmm, no convexing from balsa in my experience. Tim Zowada recently posted some high magnification pics of a taped and CrOx on balsa stropped razor and there doesn't appear to be any convexing visible on his edge either.

I bought a razor from Tim last year and it did have a convex bevel

Tim will have co vexing on his razors, as far as I no he adds a layer of electrical tape to the edge, finishers with Escher then pasted balsa hones. He starts out with a layer of tape and I,m sure he adds two more layers to form micro bevel not a double bevel

gary

Yup, a tiny almost nonexistent microbevel is what it looks like, but I didn't see any convexing from the balsa strop. He also uses a CrOxed hanging leather strop, and that will obviously convex the edge a bit.

Updated list:
1. dfoulk - complete
2. eKretz - complete
3. wolfjs70 - en route
4. Luecke2326
5. saj_j
6. Silverirae
7. imetabor
8. Rem700
craniac24

CartridgesAreADrag - out for now may opt back in at some point
WeeBo -Canada - Skipped due to no response

Updated list:
1. dfoulk - complete
2. eKretz - sending to wolfjs70 on 8/18/2014
3. wolfjs70
4. Luecke2326
5. saj_j
6. Silverirae
7. imetabor
8. Rem700
craniac24

I'm in the process of moving.... I accepted an amazing job with a beer distributor 3 weeks ago and now I'm relocating next Friday to the Lake of the Ozarks. I'm certain that I'd tie up the pass around for several weeks before I could get to it. If you can pass it along to the next person, that work be great! Maybe move me to the bottom of the list?

I'm in the process of moving.... I accepted an amazing job with a beer distributor 3 weeks ago and now I'm relocating next Friday to the Lake of the Ozarks. I'm certain that I'd tie up the pass around for several weeks before I could get to it. If you can pass it along to the next person, that work be great! Maybe move me to the bottom of the list?

Beer distributor, nice I like it. Hopefully there are some product related perks that go along with your new occupation.

Do you want to go all the way to the bottom or would you like to bump down one spot at a time until it works? I have no problem bumping you down multiple times if need be instead of putting you at the bottom. If you want to pick a spot not all the way at the bottom that's fine too.

Just let me know.

Thank you,

Beer distributor, nice I like it. Hopefully there are some product related perks that go along with your new occupation.

Do you want to go all the way to the bottom or would you like to bump down one spot at a time until it works? I have no problem bumping you down multiple times if need be instead of putting you at the bottom. If you want to pick a spot not all the way at the bottom that's fine too.

Just let me know.

Thank you,

Two spots should work! Thanks!

Per his request Luecke2326 has moved down two spots. Good luck with the new job and relocation.
If find you need to drop another spot later on just let me know, it's not a problem at all.

Updated list:

1. dfoulk - complete
2. eKretz - sending to wolfjs70 on 8/18/2014
3. wolfjs70
4. saj_j
5. Silverirae
6. Luecke2326
7. imetabor
8. Rem700
craniac24

Last edited:
I am. My bad for not posting. I received, used, and had contacted Luecke2326 for shipping info. I will contact saj_j and get it out asap.

I'm guessing removed, since he said it wasn't what he was expecting. I've contacted Silverirae, and the package will be mailed on Monday.

Current list - some changes have been made.

Updated list:

1. dfoulk - complete
2. eKretz - complete
3. wolfjs70 - in possession
4. Silverirae
imetabor
6. Luecke2326
7. Rem700
craniac24

saj_j - removed due to his request - welcome back at any time