What's new

Any Satellite Radio Listeners?

I've had XM in my home and car for years. I really love it. Then, the Sirius merger and since then, I have not been a happy camper. They changed the stations on my XM car receiver without as so much as a letting me know what in the hell they were doing. Then, I recently traded my Passat in for a GTI and that has Sirius. The channels in the car don't match the channels at home. It's one big confused mess. I have to now call two seperate numbers for customer service -- one for XM and one for Sirius. I have to call them again to see if I'm still getting the discount for having two receivers. What a pain where a pill can't reach.

I understand that someone bought them. God only knows what we'll expect from that.

I've had XM in my home and car for years. I really love it. Then, the Sirius merger and since then, I have not been a happy camper. They changed the stations on my XM car receiver without as so much as a letting me know what in the hell they were doing. Then, I recently traded my Passat in for a GTI and that has Sirius. The channels in the car don't match the channels at home. It's one big confused mess. I have to now call two seperate numbers for customer service -- one for XM and one for Sirius. I have to call them again to see if I'm still getting the discount for having two receivers. What a pain where a pill can't reach.

I understand that someone bought them. God only knows what we'll expect from that.
In addition to changing stations which had loyal listeners, they haven't handled the merger very well. Not at all. If someone has purchased them, the hopefully we will see more than just price increases. Lord knows it won't take much to improve on the sophomoric effort they have made recently.

God help you when you call XM customer support. Every time I have called I get someone overseas, and my trouble never fits on their flip chart, they never know what to do. I have literally called back over 9 times on one trouble and finally got someone in USA who I could understand and could help me.

I had Sirius for a few years and really enjoyed it (Jam On mostly). We let it lapse about a year ago, and I've never bothered to renew it.

I just subscribed to Sirius (month-to-month while I evaluate it) last month ... got some very good deals on the equipment from eBay.

I got it because I am so sick of not getting CBC Radio 1 here in Rochester, plus, Sirius carries Hockey Night in Canada Radio and CBC Radio 3.

I'll keep it and lock in a longer term contract, just haven't figured out how long yet.

I had Sirius for year and was getting frustrated as they dropped stations and began talking more. With the XM merge the tunes got much better (Bluesville in particular). Still has more chatter than I would like but much better than listening to the "free" channels for 1.5+ hour my commute.

I had Sirius music channels on Dish Network, and now I get the combined service on Direct TV. I had thought about getting it installed in my car, but for now I'm happier with just my iPod.

I had Sirius for year and was getting frustrated as they dropped stations and began talking more. With the XM merge the tunes got much better (Bluesville in particular). Still has more chatter than I would like but much better than listening to the "free" channels for 1.5+ hour my commute.

I love Bluesville, too. I wish they would go to an ala carte payment plan. I only listen to about 5 channels.

I like XM. The selection of music I like is much better than the local radio stations (which is surprising given that I'm in the NYC area), and it has some good options for news that I enjoy sometimes. My only real gripe is that I'd have to pay extra for certain Sirius content like the NFL games, despite the merger.

I've had XM for a few years now. At first it was pretty good. Then they added commercials, which drove me nuts, and now that they have merged with Sirius, and as you said, they are taking over some of the stations I listen to with talk crap. AND they are raising prices? I could care less if they go under at this point. I'm on the verge of canceling as I barely listen anymore.

Between the ipod and streaming music from my iphone, I just don't have any need for satellite radio anymore. With the new added babble, and commercials, they aren't too much better than local radio, even if the commercials are shorter.

Plus, the poor sound quality has bothered the hell out of me since day 1. I listen mostly in my car where I have a nice stereo, and the compression they use makes the sound quality quite awful. In fact, even on an average stereo the sound quality is noticeably worse than FM. It's comparable to a 112kbps mp3 from back in the day, for anyone who knows what I mean. Too lossy.

Anyway, I get better sound quality, no commercials, and better music selection from internet radio through my phone.

Top Bottom