What's new

Any rare straights?

Yeah, I have the no.55 TI, as well as no.56 which has replaceable blade and comes with a screwdriver, and extra blade(s) in special pockets of the cardbox. Looks like I haven't uploaded pictures of that one.
I have no idea how they decided on the model numbers.

Are those #69's rare? Maybe I got lucky. Ivan sold me this one a few months ago. And I had another one before that which was a little bit more beat up....

proxy.php

Are those #69's rare? Maybe I got lucky. Ivan sold me this one a few months ago. And I had another one before that which was a little bit more beat up....

proxy.php

OK.....so RayG, Gugi, yourself and I are one of the few who have these. So no one else has one GOT IT:lol:

Yeah, I have the no.55 TI, as well as no.56 which has replaceable blade and comes with a screwdriver, and extra blade(s) in special pockets of the cardbox. Looks like I haven't uploaded pictures of that one.
I have no idea how they decided on the model numbers.

Oh wow, I ran across a no. 56 at an antique store and was wondering about the blades. I gotta keep an eye out for one.

Not sure how rare this is.. but it is unique. This is an old Bausch & Lomb Optical Microtome. Had a good grind for honing so I honed it up and now use it for shaving.

Here is another rare one. The shape.. I've never seen before.

Marshes & Shepherd, Pond Works, Sheffield "Unversally Approved Patriot Razor" W.R. (William's Reign) 1830-1837

proxy.php

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
London Bridge cased pair by John Weiss "Razor Maker to His Majesty" forged from the iron/steel pilings of the 1176 London Bridge. In the ground for 649 years, forged sometime between 1825 and 1831, which would make the blades over 800 years old as a forged medium. Still on layaway, expected delivery by the end of March.
proxy.php

London Bridge cased pair by John Weiss "Razor Maker to His Majesty" forged from the iron/steel pilings of the 1176 London Bridge. In the ground for 649 years, forged sometime between 1825 and 1831, which would make the blades over 800 years old as a forged medium. Still on layaway, expected delivery by the end of March.
proxy.php

Wow! Not much else I can say about those. Just wow!

I'd say that would top the cake sir. :thumbup1:

OK.....so RayG, Gugi, yourself and I are one of the few who have these. So no one else has one GOT IT:lol:

I've got one too... And I think Ivo has (or had, as of two years ago) a 7-day set. He had a 7-day set of genuine Tortoise Heljestrands as well...

These Weyersberg razors are vintage, re-branded Dovo razors. They are as good as it gets. :thumbup: All Weyersberg razors are uncommon but these models are especially rare.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom