What's new

Any rare straights?

Boker Inox: Limited-run reproduction of a 1960s razor. I have two - soon I'll have one. :001_tt2:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Wow! Nice Telly!

11/16 Ellis in Red Heart Scales
THIERS-ISSARD GARANTI 69 FRAMEBACK isn't too rare but don't see many in a 7/8

Luc

Staff member
11/16 Ellis in Red Heart Scales

I can't see the pictures... :confused1

Here's a 7/8 I was fortunate enough to grab on French ebay last year:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Among American-made razors, Watervilles are uncommon as Waterville Cutlery, in Waterville, Connecticut was only in business from 1890-1913. They are sought after not only by collectors, as they had some very beautiful designs, but also as they are excellent shavers.
proxy.php

I can't see the pictures... :confused1

This weeks SOTD shot.

I'll post the others up when I get back into town. I've been lucky to include frequent visit to antique shops in my travels and get to know the sellers and get notified when they run into straights. Denver has some of the best scores I've had. There is an All American W&B with original scales that are mint! But the seller wants $140 for it so I'm on the fence but not likely.

Last edited:
These razors are amazing.

This is the only rare straight I've owned (other than a 6/8 1/4 ground Le Grelot which I don't count). I bought it NOS from Dan, and I received it with absolutely no hone wear. It did have a bevel and shaved arm hair though, and while I was going to send it out for honing I just couldn't wait anymore and using the unicot method honed it today. I shaved with her, and the edge could use some fine tuning but it did an amazing job.
proxy.php

proxy.php

It's a 6/8 blade with original scales. The only other one I've seen like this using my Google-fu was one Telly sold a few years back, but his had different scales. There is another version of this razor that I've seen, but it's square point and stainless.

Luc

Staff member
I got one that I should be able to share soon... I never saw one like that... Spoiler: French steel, not TI...

Top Bottom