What's new

Any love for Fisher Space Pens?

I have a cheap pen, that takes Parker style refills. I noticed that the local Office Depot has a space pen refill with a "Parker converter." Do you think this would be better than a generic refill or even a real Parker refill?

Update,

I put it in my pen, and it seems to be jsut a hair bigger than the parker, and does not go in and out well. but I am not at all impressed with the way it writes at all. Not smooth, it does not start even as relaiably as a cheap fountain pen. I am very disappointed. It does seem to write on anything, once it starts.

OK I was at a junk store and found a few pens, including a Fisher Space Pen from I imagine the 70's based on the plastic gift box it came in. It seems to flow much better than the refill i just bought and put in a pen. Strange. I wonder if they have changed the cartridges at all? I do like the little bullet pen to stick in my pocket, very convenient. Great thing is the pen was less than $5 and it does not look like it was ever carried at all!

I know this might be a late reply but I didn't want to miss the chance to answer to this thread. I've been a Space pen fan for years now. I got my first pen as a gift from Japanese co-workers and I found it pretty cool. It was a S294 Shuttle Imprint Cap-O-Matic Space Pen. This happened in 2008. The pen keeps working perfectly. The pen has a little bit of a clicking sound, though. That's why I like Bullet pens better.

I've got a Bullet-style Space Pen with the IBM logo lazer-engraved on it. My father gave it to me about 20 years ago. The thing is always in my pocket. Great product.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I've got a mat black bullet pen that has been in my left front pocket for several years now. I'm beginning to see what I think is brass on the edge of the cap. Great size to carry unobtrusively.

Anyone ever have any warranty issues with theirs?

Mine has separated so that the back cap no longer pulls the main pen piece out. Making it unusable.

I had to send one of mine back , they offered a full replacement. They are wonderful to deal with !!

Anyone ever have any warranty issues with theirs?

Mine has separated so that the back cap no longer pulls the main pen piece out. Making it unusable.

Can you use other more readily available cartridges with it?

I have had one on my amazon wishlist quite a while now but don`t care for the ability to write under water and all that jazz.

I had to send one of mine back , they offered a full replacement. They are wonderful to deal with !!

Great! I just need to find a box to send it back in I guess.

Can you use other more readily available cartridges with it?

I have had one on my amazon wishlist quite a while now but don`t care for the ability to write under water and all that jazz.

I'm not sure, when I bought mine I just bought a couple of replacement cartridges. They were pretty inexpensive really.

a salesperson like me, always carries a pen....i have a rudy vey in my front pocket and a gold bullet in my business card case (see the business card thread in the Hab...) so no matter where I go, i walways have a pen....

I see.

Here they go for about USD 9.1 per cart from online sellers.
I find that expensive.

You're right, I bought mine years ago and since it busted I haven't used it in about 2 years. That said, I did find them for $6 USD here. Perhaps look to see if it's cheaper to get directly from Fisher Space Pens.

My box has a "guarantee and order form" inside it. It says the refills can be obtained from them for $5 per refill with $5 shipping. So if you ordered 3 refills it would be $20 USD, plus the one in the box.

Now, that said, I'm not sure if $5 would be international shipping or not. I assume it is mailed via USPS, which should make it out of the country no problem. You can ask them here though: [email protected]

I'd say 4 cartridges would last awhile.

Accidentally threw my AG7 in the washer at the laundromat- totally ruined the pen. Emailed fisher about it and they replaced it for free! Great CS.

I use a Fisher Space Pen every day at work. Being an aircraft line maintenance technician I count on mine to write no matter how hot cold wet or grimmey. Best tool in my line bag:)

I use a Fisher Space Pen every day at work. Being an aircraft line maintenance technician I count on mine to write no matter how hot cold wet or grimmey. Best tool in my line bag:)

This is why I sing its' praises. Great field pen. Don't forget it writes at crazy angles.

Top Bottom