What's new

Antique Shave Brush New Build?

il_794xN.2710278579_jn70.jpg
il_794xN.2662603114_q821.jpg
il_794xN.2710278125_1411.jpg

I found this on Etsy. It's an antique horse hair shave brush. I'm wondering if anyone could build one from scratch. What would the process look like? I'd love to see someone do something like this. I lack the time, skill, and resources to do it myself.

Obviously a two-piece design. You got to get the little knots of hairs in the holes from underneath. Then glued together. Maybe with a tenon to keep the alignment of the two parts. Then the horse hairs would make for a very floppy brush. No backbone at all I bet. Maybe made with boar would work better. Still, A nice idea. A nice-looking brush. But I don't think it would lather very well. JMO.
I'd buy a vintage one to put in my collection. It's cool!

That's not actually a shaving brush. It is a brush barbers use to brush off the hair around your neck after a hair cut. I suppose someone could try to shave with it, but it would take a huge mug or lathering bowl if it would work at all.

+1 on that.

That's not actually a shaving brush. It is a brush barbers use to brush off the hair around your neck after a hair cut. I suppose someone could try to shave with it, but it would take a huge mug or lathering bowl if it would work at all.
+1 on that . In this form I bet (as said) it is gonna be very floppy. My current daily driver is a horsehair shaving brush and the know is very soft and that is a proper shaving brush with a knot set in a handle. Unsupport fibers will act very soft.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
It's a neck duster barber use to get the small hair out of the collar of the shirt and from your neck.
When I was a kid the barber always used this brush over my face and nose as a joke, I hated this!!!!!

Top Bottom