What's new

Another new Razor from Above the Tie.

I have been giving that some thought. There are a number of things that can be done from this new platform. At this moment I am working on another razor project. It is something that has been on my mind for a long time. However, I hear you. I do try to listen to comments from wet shavers such as yourself. In the past comments from customers have resulted in new offerings from us.

Any chance you'd like to share some information about the new razor project you're working on? I'm trying to think what it could be and I'm drawing a blank. Either way here's my thoughts that could also be some potential ideas for future products.

I'm thinking either:
1. The SE1 in different versions of aggressiveness. (Sure, this would be nice)
2. An SE1 slant (which would be the first Feather Pro style slant that I know of. (Certainly interesting and likely a nice challenge, but I'm not sure this is necessary though as these blades are already very efficient). (definitely worth a try as it would be pretty cool)
3. Razors made available in some different metals. (this would be really nice)
4. Different (high end) larger diameter handles in more of the size and style of the very hard to get UFO made handles. (I would absolutely love this, there's a huge demand for high quality work in this area, please do this.)
5. Open Comb SE razor (I know it's not this but this would be in demand as well)
6. A completely different whole new high end razor head design. (would open another new product line to market to existing users)

I'd love to see some additional ATT products. All that I own (M1, R1, H1, R2, H2, SE1) have been of an extremely high quality and just as importantly they are something you can actually purchase without being extremely lucky or being on a waiting list for over a year. We just saw the SE1 go from an idea to an available item in a very short amount of time. Extremely well done there Stan, we've all seen other companies fail at this repeatedly, so it's quite an accomplishment and you make it look easy.

The SE1 razor is excellent and exactly what I hoped the Mongoose would have been. I'm still getting used to my SE1 but so far it's on par with the King Cobra razor I own in shave quality, but it's much better built. The Mongoose, while I like the stainless steel three piece design, isn't in even in the same ball park.

Any chance you'd like to share some information about the new razor project you're working on? I'm trying to think what it could be and I'm drawing a blank. Either way here's my thoughts that could also be some potential ideas for future products.

I'm thinking either:
1. The SE1 in different versions of aggressiveness. (Sure, this would be nice)
2. An SE1 slant (which would be the first Feather Pro style slant that I know of. (Certainly interesting and likely a nice challenge, but I'm not sure this is necessary though as these blades are already very efficient). (definitely worth a try as it would be pretty cool)
3. Razors made available in some different metals. (this would be really nice)
4. Different (high end) larger diameter handles in more of the size and style of the very hard to get UFO made handles. (I would absolutely love this, there's a huge demand for high quality work in this area, please do this.)
5. Open Comb SE razor (I know it's not this but this would be in demand as well)
6. A completely different whole new high end razor head design. (would open another new product line to market to existing users)

I'd love to see some additional ATT products. All that I own (M1, R1, H1, R2, H2, SE1) have been of an extremely high quality and just as importantly they are something you can actually purchase without being extremely lucky or being on a waiting list for over a year. We just saw the SE1 go from an idea to an available item in a very short amount of time. Extremely well done there Stan, we've all seen other companies fail at this repeatedly, so it's quite an accomplishment and you make it look easy.

The SE1 razor is excellent and exactly what I hoped the Mongoose would have been. I'm still getting used to my SE1 but so far it's on par with the King Cobra razor I own in shave quality, but it's much better built. The Mongoose, while I like the stainless steel three piece design, isn't in even in the same ball park.

I really appreciate your list it is quite good. I can share a little more info today.

Tuesday I will have the prototype for our aircraft grade aluminum DE razor. The handle will be the same length as the Kronos (3.5 inch) but will have barber pole knurling like the Atlas. The head will be based off the R1. It will be "silver" is color with a mild bead blast finish. I have been using an early AL prototype version for some time. The shaving experience is totally different from its stainless cousin. Easy to hold, very smooth yet efficient. I have enjoyed using it (I took it on vacation with me). If all goes well the new ATT AL razor will be available in a bout five weeks. It will be priced well below the stainless line. I believe many will enjoy this new addition to the ATT family.

Also we will be introducing a "Ladies" version based on the M1 plate design. It will be machined to the same specks as all of our razors and will come anodized in a magenta and silver also with a mild bead blast finish. I believe it will be a very nice addition for that special lady in your life.

Lastly, for those SE lovers out there we will be offering the "SE2" in a about four weeks. This razor will be the open comb version of its cousin the Bamboo SE1. The SE2 will be designed to be a bit more efficient shaver.

So plenty to consider for this season and to add to your Christmas list. I will provide photos when I can.

I really appreciate your list it is quite good. I can share a little more info today.

Tuesday I will have the prototype for our aircraft grade aluminum DE razor. The handle will be the same length as the Kronos (3.5 inch) but will have barber pole knurling like the Atlas. The head will be based off the R1. It will be "silver" is color with a mild bead blast finish. I have been using an early AL prototype version for some time. The shaving experience is totally different from its stainless cousin. Easy to hold, very smooth yet efficient. I have enjoyed using it (I took it on vacation with me). If all goes well the new ATT AL razor will be available in a bout five weeks. It will be priced well below the stainless line. I believe many will enjoy this new addition to the ATT family.

Also we will be introducing a "Ladies" version based on the M1 plate design. It will be machined to the same specks as all of our razors and will come anodized in a magenta and silver also with a mild bead blast finish. I believe it will be a very nice addition for that special lady in your life.

Lastly, for those SE lovers out there we will be offering the "SE2" in a about four weeks. This razor will be the open comb version of its cousin the Bamboo SE1. The SE2 will be designed to be a bit more efficient shaver.

So plenty to consider for this season and to add to your Christmas list. I will provide photos when I can.

So initially the AL line will start off only with just the R1 and M1 base plates and Kronos handle with barber swirl? I am assuming that after you deem it to be a success, you will be following with at least the R2 and M2 base plates. SE2 OC base plate in a month! My will power is weakening already. I need to freeze my credit card in a block of ice right now.

Will the SE2 baseplate be compatible with the SE1 cap?

So initially the AL line will start off only with just the R1 and M1 base plates and Kronos handle with barber swirl? I am assuming that after you deem it to be a success, you will be following with at least the R2 and M2 base plates. SE2 OC base plate in a month! My will power is weakening already. I need to freeze my credit card in a block of ice right now.

Just doing my part help keep your shaving experience new and fresh.

Update; We will be offering an open comb single edge razor next week. It will be the SE2.

Top Bottom