What's new

Another Batch of Custom Straight Razors in the Works

Very nice looking razors, Bill. This is a fascinating thread. Nice to have a custom maker show how they go from start to finish.

Any chance on a B&B Bill Ellis Limited Edition coming out in the future??:wink:

Very nice looking razors, Bill. This is a fascinating thread. Nice to have a custom maker show how they go from start to finish.

Any chance on a B&B Bill Ellis Limited Edition coming out in the future??:wink:
Hmm... don't know. Are enough of you interested in them?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
A limted Bill Ellis without having to wait a year.:biggrin:That would be nice.:biggrin:I see a new B&B limited on the horizon.:biggrin::biggrin:

Well, you talk to the guys lined up on his wait-list, and see if they'll wait another year so some B&B queue-jumpers can get in there first ... :lol:

... a great idea, though. :001_smile

Well, you talk to the guys lined up on his wait-list, and see if they'll wait another year so some B&B queue-jumpers can get in there first ... :lol:

... a great idea, though. :001_smile

You're not kidding!! I emailed Bill back in April and asked him how long the wait list was. He said over a year before you even get close enough to start talking about a razor! :eek: I asked him to put me on the list anyway. I'm patient and if I have to wait 3 years it will be worth it for one of his awesome razors! The man is an artist and you can't rush art.

Joe

In order to get the really thin cutting edges with some width to them, two opposing grinding stones are normally used. An outfit that could do that would have to be made as there are no tool stores that have them. Some of those folks in and around Solingen might be lucky enough to find one of these abandoned machines from an old factory. This first pic shows what they look like.

Bill,

I work for a tool manufacturer/importer and I swear I have seen one of these before. Maybe it was just a sample from a vendor. Would you be interested in buying one if I found it?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Here is a little better pic of the profiles and master grind.

On the blade on the proper upper right top quadrant . . . is the nice rounding over effect because your grinding wheels having rounded shoulders? I'll try to put an image on here with the spot circled... just something I'm trying to visualize

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
On the blade on the proper upper right top quadrant . . . is the nice rounding over effect because your grinding wheels having rounded shoulders? I'll try to put an image on here with the spot circled... just something I'm trying to visualize

OK pic did not work first time. My question is about the edge after the sharp spot beyond tip to tang . . . the top to bottom ridge that is nicely rounded over from tang side to tip side . . . is that the curve of your grinding wheel or do you have to take steps to get that curve in?

I'd probably be in too if the wife would let me get away with the $300 - $700 price tag custom razors command. Well worth it in my book. Oh well, there's always next year (or two)

Hmm... don't know. Are enough of you interested in them?

You know... last time I was at your house - you had some pretty cool B&B sample scale drawings.... come on Bill - let's make it happen!

(Join in fellas - the peer pressure might get to him!) :biggrin:

Top Bottom