What's new

An apology re: 5 O'Clock Shadow comments

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Stuff happens.

Thanks for taking steps to correct the mistake.

We plan on doing some sort of blog post in the near future to compare and contrast the two inks since a lot of people have been asking about that. We were fortunate enough to snag a bottle of the 5 OCS from the second batch that just arrived last week, and we are very glad to have helped support the cause!

I'm looking forward to that in the near future. :thumbup1: While there have been some good comments and reviews of The Shadow here at B&B, I'd love to see more of that sort of thing done by reputable sources outside of B&B, so this ink gets as well documented as possible for future reference.

Brian and Rachel,
I would rather you be free-wheeling and candid in your videos and not have to think too much about whether what you are saying is 100% supported. If you have to do that the videos overall will be less infromative and less fun to watch, and a whole lot less fun to make. You can always correct later, and I do not think there has to be any big apology. It is the nature of such on-line video presentations. I would think we would all understand!

You are "just the cutest and sweetest couple/family" But you know that already! <g> I say that in the nicest and most admiring way! Keep up all the on-line context. It is a delight and highly useful.

Stuff happens.

. . .

I'm looking forward to that in the near future. :thumbup1: While there have been some good comments and reviews of The Shadow here at B&B, I'd love to see more of that sort of thing done by reputable sources outside of B&B, so this ink gets as well documented as possible for future reference.

I really look forward to your review/comparision of 5 O'C with Zhivago.

I am looking a fresh swab and dip pen writing with both. (I would post, but very messy, and I do not think the colors really come out that well on-line from my cell phone camera.)

I have compared the two in the past and I would stick with what I remember saying prevously. I was very happy when the B&B pick was similar to Zhivago. When consideration of a B&B ink was first posted, I suggested going green black, and I think I said even gray-green.

I know that Jim for one disagrees, but I see 5 O'C as more a green-gray than a green-black, where as Zhivago is the latter. Which I adore inasmuch as I am really into certain gray inks these days and find them something different than simply a lighter black. It may mean that 5 O'C has more blue in it than Zhivago, which has little if none.

I have always liked Zhivago although it has come to seen a bit formal even severe to me. 5 O'C seems distinctly warmer. The swabs look more different to me than examples of writing with a dip pen with each. But I think taken in overall on a page the look of each is distinct.

One could consider 5 O'C as a refinement and extension of Zhivago, I suppose. If so, I think it is an improvement in each change, which is pretty good considering I like Zhivago a lot.

I sure would not consider these inks as an overlap of each other.

Top Bottom