What's new

An affordable, quality 35mm SLR digital camera?

Salvador:

proxy.php

That top one the outer box is supposed to be 6x7 and the inner box is what the Phase/ Leaf Digital medium format crop to right? cause it looks off from some one who has used both 6x7 film and digital "6x7" backs.

My intern used to droll over my D3, until I let her hold the RZii with a P65 back.

some point I tell you about the time I left a full 6x7 kit and a digital back in a bag, that i forgot in a bar in Paris, lucky it was there the next day or I would have been one dead shutterbug.

C Reed, you're probably right - I'm not sure how accurate the proportions are, since I stole this image from Wikipedia... but the basic point was made, I'm sure. My experience is limited to 35mm and Nikon DSLR's, mainly - I've played with a few other things, but not nearly enough to speak on them with any authority.

I bought the D3000 tonight. It came down to that or a used D40 and I chose the D3000, because it was only $160 more. Haven't had an opportunity to use it, yet, but I'm excited. I have a photography project due next week, so this will be my first time doing it with a digital. :thumbup:

My 35mm film dslr is a Pentax ME Super. I picked mine up for £20 ($30 is) with a f1.4 50mm lense. It's a great camera and the automatic exposure metering is great when you first start.

My 35mm film dslr is a Pentax ME Super. I picked mine up for £20 ($30 is) with a f1.4 50mm lense. It's a great camera and the automatic exposure metering is great when you first start.

You mean SLR, not DSLR. D = Digital, and that's a fully manual 35mm film camera. A great one, though...

My first DSLR was a Canon Rebel XTi that I bought at B&H a few years ago just before a storm chasing trip. While I absolutley adore this camera, and would highly recommend it (provided you obtain a better quality lens than the kit lens), I am now sorry that I did not buy the better model to begin with. There is nothing wrong with this camera, and I took some great pictures at the NY Auto show last night, but now, you can get a full frame (35mm) sensor, over 20 mp, with the ability to shoot HD video for under $3000. I don't see the Canon EOS 5D Mark II becoming obsolete anytime soon. I('d say buy the most technology you can afford ast the moment, and you will be ahead of the curve, rather than behind it.

Digital camera shutters on SLR's have a shutter life of about 100,000 shots. Be careful when buying used

+1 for the good advice- I'm on the THIRD shutters in both of my EOS 1D MkIIN bodies. 4 years old and losing their mojo, but most folks don't use them every day like I do.
You got Nikon glass- get a Nikon..

Top Bottom