What's new

American Idol....who Do You Think ????

Yawn. Put me in the 'Who cares' category. Pop culture does nothing for me.
But I do like the Danny Kaye LP cover Pat.

How will Sanjaya’s continued success on American Idol impact the show’s credibility?
With all of the controversy surrounding Sanjaya’s survival week-to-week, is it too late for American Idol to regain its fans’ trust?

My wife doesn't understand why I don't like to "watch" the show or why I don't pay attention until they get down to about 12 people. I told her that I like to "listen" without all the visual hype and distractions. I know, it has to be a complete package for the media to market it but I'm interested in the singing. It's not like I'm going to date any of them.

How will Sanjaya’s continued success on American Idol impact the show’s credibility?
With all of the controversy surrounding Sanjaya’s survival week-to-week, is it too late for American Idol to regain its fans’ trust?

I feel that you should have to pass an IQ test to vote.

Well I feel that you should have to pass an IQ to vote in ANY election though, too, and that's not likely to come into play anytime soon.

If that little hairball stick figure is still there when Haley leaves, I will be pissed.
I do hope Jordin steps up to challenge Melinda. Those two and LaKisha are the
only ones left who are any good. The guys all suck. Stephanie was better than
any of the guys, but she had no constituency behind her. Oh well.

And Sanjaya ends Simon's canard that this is a singing contest. Haley too.
But she is yummy.

I've never watched the show, but I'm loving the impact of this "Vote for the Worst" stuff. IMO, Sanjaya's continued success lends the show credibility, buy showing that the producers aren't dorking around with the vote counts.

It's great watching the press releases trying to show that the guy isn't plain awful, so he isn't being voted off, when in reality its just a huge grassroots movement to play with the show.

I've never watched the show, but I'm loving the impact of this "Vote for the Worst" stuff. IMO, Sanjaya's continued success lends the show credibility, buy showing that the producers aren't dorking around with the vote counts.

It's great watching the press releases trying to show that the guy isn't plain awful, so he isn't being voted off, when in reality its just a huge grassroots movement to play with the show.

I think the "Vote for the Worst" stuff is pathetic and immature. There are quite a few talented young people who want nothing more than to be professional singers and he comes their opportunity and a bunch of morons are screwing it up for some very deserving young people for nothing more than their own amusement. It's sickening.

I'm not a fan of lawsuits, but I'd love to see some of the candidates voted off sue, "Vote for the Worst" to see if they can get a nice chunk of change from the simple minded fools.

My wife doesn't understand why I don't like to "watch" the show or why I don't pay attention until they get down to about 12 people. I told her that I like to "listen" without all the visual hype and distractions. I know, it has to be a complete package for the media to market it but I'm interested in the singing. It's not like I'm going to date any of them.

Interesting.... I'm with you though.

I understand American Idol has two, largely distinct, groups of fans. (Or, well, watchers - I'd hardly call myself a "fan"). Those who love the auditions, for the William Hung, people with no talent having a go anyway fun factor, who think that the show is boring after the auditions, and those of us who find that stage rather painful to watch, but have an interest in hearing some talented people sing in the last part.

Although, speaking of talent - did anyone watch that "rock star" show. The first season a couple of years ago, with INXS. The talent on that show was so many heads and shoulders above anything on American Idol, it was amazing. I mean, people who could sing things like Bohemian Rhapsody, and not just pull it off, but make it sound amazing, and not even be good enough to win. I don't know why American Idol can't get the same level of talent. Maybe the focus on younger age, and lack of experience.

-Mo

Interesting.... I'm with you though.

I understand American Idol has two, largely distinct, groups of fans. (Or, well, watchers - I'd hardly call myself a "fan"). Those who love the auditions, for the William Hung, people with no talent having a go anyway fun factor, who think that the show is boring after the auditions, and those of us who find that stage rather painful to watch, but have an interest in hearing some talented people sing in the last part.

Although, speaking of talent - did anyone watch that "rock star" show. The first season a couple of years ago, with INXS. The talent on that show was so many heads and shoulders above anything on American Idol, it was amazing. I mean, people who could sing things like Bohemian Rhapsody, and not just pull it off, but make it sound amazing, and not even be good enough to win. I don't know why American Idol can't get the same level of talent. Maybe the focus on younger age, and lack of experience.

-Mo

There's a reason for that. American Idol doesn't want the best "singer". They want the best story to make good (in their terms) reality TV. There's a reason why votefortheworst is doing what they do, to show the show to be a fraud in all it's rigged glory. Go read the site, as there some very interesting information on how the show alters reality. Do you really think they couldn't find people that sing better than those people on the show?

My kids were over tonight, so I had to suffer through the show. Yes, Haley looked great. But the overall performances...well, let's not go there. As soon as I heard that "Latin" was the theme, I told the kids that Sanjaya would do well. And, if you are deaf, dumb and blind, he did. IF Haley's legs don't save her, she is gone. No one was exceptional tonight. It will be an interesting vote. Having spent time in the music business, Lakisha should win. But unless she can lose 100 pounds, I don't believe that she will be the winner. I certainly have my opinions. A couple of these folks are really good. I'm just don't believe that any of them are marketable.

Randy

Lakisha should win. But unless she can lose 100 pounds, I don't believe that she will be the winner. I certainly have my opinions. A couple of these folks are really good. I'm just don't believe that any of them are marketable.

Randy

That's my worry for Melinda as well. She's incredibly talented, and she seems like a truly sweet person, but she's just not very pretty. Being homely and superstar doesn't work in today's society as sad as it may be.

Top Bottom