What's new

Am I missing out?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
So really what you're saying is...I need to focus on acquiring more razors, blades, and soaps? :)

Honestly, I'm a brush guy myself. I just have to admit that it's the luxury part. I'm quite happy with my current razors, soaps, creams, and blades. I've narrowed down what I like over the years. But I would definitely advise to do the same for yourself. Brushes are a deeper rabbit hole because of the luxury factor. I can settle on other hardware and software based on the shave, but the brush is about the feel in use, and variety is the spice of life.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
You can do the job with a brush of just about any quality level. Would you be happier with a better brush? Beats me, but I sure would. Especially if you're talking about a $12-$20 synthetic (unless you don't have the $12).

I would stay away from badger until you have a pretty good idea of what you like in a brush. Cheap badgers are nowhere near a synthetic of the same - or even lower - price range (although some people like them). Boars, on the other hand, are fine brushes at very reasonable prices.

Decide between need (which you don't absolutely) and want, and then just do whatever makes you happy. If you want a Big Bruce synthetic (or similar) for under $15 go ahead and get one. You're going to die someday, so you might as well enjoy the ride (especially in this price range).

Top Bottom