What's new

Alum deodorant hot tip

This has happened to me a couple of times. We get near the end of the push up stick and the mechanism jams. It's just not smooth even when new and toward the end it can get stuck and be a pita to deal with.

I tried taking it apart but it's a puzzle and sonic welded together, probably. Not something you could pry apart, grease, and reglue.

I took the label off (good luck getting the adhesive off; tried den. alcohol and mineral spirits. It will wear off with a lot of rubbing. Then I drilled a hole where the sliding mechanisms are and put a small dollop of grease in there and it slides good now. I happened to have some faucet grease but any grease will probably work.

Now instead of 8 years out of a stick I expect will get closer to 10 lol and no struggling with it.

My wife was running it under the faucet to wet it but that only drips the alum down into the mechanism where it solidifies
deodorant1.jpg
deodorant2.jpg
. The trick is to leave your pits wet and use it then.

Sorry for the poor pics. I have an old (circa 1999 maybe) camera and haven't learned how to use my wife's better one yet.

It is kind of hard to hold to drill the holes. I have a drill press. ymmv

Label glue removal tip: dab some coconut or similar oil on a paper towel and rub.

I'm sure extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil will work as well :pipe:

... Thom

Top Bottom