What's new

All of us black coffee drinkers...

Ad Astra

The Instigator
No ... No, no, no. :cuppa:

Tea is wonderful with or without sugar. Or milk.

But espresso is pretty hard to choke down sugar-free. Tried it at a diabetic's house.

I heard a (Cuban) guy in South Florida say "Colombian coffee. Ecuadoran coffee. Salvadoran coffee. It all tastes like s___ without Cuban sugar!"

:c6: Of course.

AA

Now that I am forced to drink instant coffee due to allergy, one must accept and endure cream and/or sweetener.

Real black coffee is wonderful. Black instant? Not so much. :(
I can't remember if you drink decaf all the time? I know most of your teas and stuff are herbal in the other threads. If not, the Bustelo instant coffee is much better than the other ones I've tried. They may make a decaf in it. Seems like I've seen a green bottle somewhere.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I can't remember if you drink decaf all the time? I know most of your teas and stuff are herbal in the other threads. If not, the Bustelo instant coffee is much better than the other ones I've tried. They may make a decaf in it. Seems like I've seen a green bottle somewhere.

Yep, I drink decaf all the time. I get Whole Foods Market 365 brand. They decaffeinate by using an all natural Swiss cold water process.

Many other instant coffee brands decaffeinate using chemical’s instead. It’s not that I am one of those who worries about what’s going into my body, it’s just the taste of all chemically decaffeinated instant coffee’s taste absolutely horrible! After enjoying real coffee for so many years, I manage to do the Swiss cold water process and that’s about it.

And that’s mostly making ice coffee with sweetener & cream. Every great once in awhile I’ll have a hot cup of instant with a spot of milk and no sweetener and then just dunk a plain donut in it to sweeten. But you’re right, 90% of the time now, it’s just herbal tea. :)

When drinking instant coffee, one has to become creative and think outside the box.

IMG_1290.jpeg

Just got back from the gym not too long ago and I’m going to try and mix up some salted caramel ice coffee smoothie…. Thing.

Never tried it, but I’m pretty good experimenting with aftershaves? ;). If ya don’t hear back from me, I might have just gagged to death. :)

Last edited:
You learn to like the sensations that tag along with the other stuff your brain likes. Nobody starts out liking the taste of beer, but after their brain notices that that flavor reliably precedes a buzz, most people learn to like that flavor.

If you're one of the millions (billions?) of caffeine addicts out there, if you make black coffee your sole source of caffeine long enough, you will start to like the taste of black coffee.

People who grew up during the depression, drank their coffee without creamer sugar. My father drank his coffee that way and he taught me to drink it that way. I can’t stand cream or sugar in my coffee. It seems a little girly And it ruins the roasted flavor. If you notice the Cowboys typically didn’t drink their coffee that way either. they drank it Black and strong. When I was in the army, most people drink their coffee black with no cream or sugar. There were some who did use sugar, but not many.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
My godfather was an old wrangler and had been a rodeo cowboy in the '20s after he decided football was too rough. He could make a good cup of joe on the campfire. He used to introduce me around to some of the old desert rats, a lot of whom made their coffee the same way -- and many of them appreciated some "canned cow" in it. Plain old evaporated milk, usually Carnation brand, in a cup of jamoke so strong an axe head would float on it. With a batch of "dough gods" (biscuits) that'd getcher sorry carcass movin' in the morning.

I was an outlier because I liked it black. Still do. Been known to dribble a little whiskey into it, though...

O.H.

Top Bottom