What's new

All of us black coffee drinkers...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
One thing about coffee. If you add milk and sugar, it's not as good cold. But black coffee, to me, is good when cold. You can really taste the flavors.
Before my second round with Covid I would disagree with this statement. But now coffee has no flavor for me. Like water.

I wonder if bat stew tastes like water to me now?

Presently I'm fighting Covid to a tie. I haven't lost my sense of smell, but some tastes are off. Weird. Chocolate is super intense. Makes no sense to me.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
I used to be a 2 cream, 2 sugar guy. I started a new job and there was a big bag of sugar packets in a credenza in my office, and those single serving cream cups in a mini fridge.

The cream got all used up, so then I was just a sugar guy. At this point I was using a half packet of sugar and would toss the rest in the garbage. It got to the point where my garbage can was then the sugar source as I dug through strata of refuse to find a pack of sugar :D I'd argue this is where the psychopathy germinated.

Once the garbage can's once bountiful resources were depleted, I was a black coffee drinker. Never once did it occur to me to just go to the store and buy more cream and sugar.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Before my second round with Covid I would disagree with this statement. But now coffee has no flavor for me. Like water.

Presently I'm fighting Covid to a tie. I haven't lost my sense of smell, but some tastes are off. Weird. Chocolate is super intense. Makes no sense to me.
Hopefully that comes back for you. I don't think I've noticed anything different in the taste/smell dept. I had a milder case early in 2022, it still sucked for a few days but I got off easier than anyone else around me.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

Man, I hope things come back to normal and fast.

Losing my sense of taste and smell for a couple weeks (and then gradually recovering it over a few months) was about the most bizarre and disturbing experiences I've ever had (and I did a few things in college). I was so relieved when things started coming back. I had dreaded permanent loss or corruption.

When I contacted Covid the second time, I was more afraid of losing smell and taste again than I was about anything else.

FarmerTan

Man, I hope things come back to normal and fast.

Losing my sense of taste and smell for a couple weeks (and then gradually recovering it over a few months) was about the most bizarre and disturbing experiences I've ever had (and I did a few things in college). I was so relieved when things started coming back. I had dreaded permanent loss or corruption.

When I contacted Covid the second time, I was more afraid of losing smell and taste again than I was about anything else.
Thank you my friend for the kind wishes.

A very good friend (and a bigger coffee snob than me!) also lost his taste for coffee, a few months before I did, on what I think was his first occasion with Covid. To be honest, I thought he was nuts or lying, and he is probably second only to my wife in his honesty. I just couldn't believe that a true lover of coffee and beir could lose their interest in either.

When it happened to me I was nothing short of astonished. I LOVED coffee, even bad coffee. I have absolutely no desire for it now, I even tried to just make myself drink it like I have since I was like, what? 8 years old? Every morning?

I will go to my grave believing this disease was manipulated in some way.

Thank you my friend for the kind wishes.

A very good friend (and a bigger coffee snob than me!) also lost his taste for coffee, a few months before I did, on what I think was his first occasion with Covid. To be honest, I thought he was nuts or lying, and he is probably second only to my wife in his honesty. I just couldn't believe that a true lover of coffee and beir could lose their interest in either.

When it happened to me I was nothing short of astonished. I LOVED coffee, even bad coffee. I have absolutely no desire for it now, I even tried to just make myself drink it like I have since I was like, what? 8 years old? Every morning?

I will go to my grave believing this disease was manipulated in some way.
Put some ARKO in it and you'll be fine.

Seriously, I hope you get well soon.

I haven’t had covid yet AFAIK, but I lost the ability to smell sulfur about a decade ago. It’s so pronounced that I was able to walk around a volcanic landscape in Iceland that EVERYONE swore reeked of sulfur, and couldn’t smell a thing. Fantastic highlight of the trip for me. It’s not so good in gas leaks, though.

FarmerTan

I haven’t had covid yet AFAIK, but I lost the ability to smell sulfur about a decade ago. It’s so pronounced that I was able to walk around a volcanic landscape in Iceland that EVERYONE swore reeked of sulfur, and couldn’t smell a thing. Fantastic highlight of the trip for me. It’s not so good in gas leaks, though.
Yeah, that stinks. Lol! I made a funny. A good sense of smell is handy for a nurse; I used to do wound care, and you'd be amazed at what a smell can tell you about the healing process.

I am tasting fine at the moment (tho I do admit to having bad taste in some areas!) but I can't smell ANYTHING right now. I have been unable to smell anything for probably 4 days. That's about the longest I have ever been messed up. So if I am unable to smell on Monday/Tuesday I will start to be concerned. The idea of being unable to smell a rose is almost unbearable. All of our senses are important, but smelling bacon and eggs is what I imagine has to be one of the main scents in heaven.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if I regain my enjoyment of coffee after this?! Especially after I just finally gave all of my frozen coffee away! Oh, this would be yet another proof of God's love for His moron children like me!

Top Bottom