What's new

AliExpress Anniversary Sale- now on

AliExpress is running their anniversary sale now for a few more days.

Many items in the Yaqi store are 20% off. I'm not sure how good the deals are, but figured I would share the info.

As an aside for any fellow watch enthusiasts, I've taken to wearing Chinese mechanical watches daily, leaving my expensive pieces in the safe, as I've both aged and street crime has increased in the US in many places. My old standard mechanical watches were often Seiko 5 models, but even the basic ones are now selling for over $100; they used to be $50-$60. I ordered another mechanical watch from the Tandorio Official store having had a good experience with them. The pilot watch I just ordered has a Seiko-made NH35 automatic movement, stainless steel case, a leather band, and sapphire crystal. The cost was ~$55, including sales tax and shipping. The Chinese watch straps are hit or miss, some are okay and some are junk. Other AliExpress watch stores I have bought from in the past with good success are BEST Tourbillon Watch Store and the BERNY Official Store. Shipping has usually taken between ten days and three weeks from China to Nevada. It seems the watches arrive faster than the Yaqi stuff I've ordered. Cheers!

I have been looking at a 1963 seagull watch forever and the Yaqi brass final cut. Waiting on a shield titanium gem razor right.now lol. Thanks for the reminder. Oh and Zorro lighters are great from Ali, we have several 912,912s war armor with butane insert.

I have one GMT watch, has a movement made in China. 1) the crown movements are "jumpy" and 2) winding feels like grinding.
So far keeps time (fairly new) , but there is a clear difference between this and Japan movements, not to mention buttery smooth Swiss...... Will not buy another movement from there....and just wondering how long this one will last.....

AliExpress is running their anniversary sale now for a few more days.

Many items in the Yaqi store are 20% off. I'm not sure how good the deals are, but figured I would share the info.

As an aside for any fellow watch enthusiasts, I've taken to wearing Chinese mechanical watches daily, leaving my expensive pieces in the safe, as I've both aged and street crime has increased in the US in many places. My old standard mechanical watches were often Seiko 5 models, but even the basic ones are now selling for over $100; they used to be $50-$60. I ordered another mechanical watch from the Tandorio Official store having had a good experience with them. The pilot watch I just ordered has a Seiko-made NH35 automatic movement, stainless steel case, a leather band, and sapphire crystal. The cost was ~$55, including sales tax and shipping. The Chinese watch straps are hit or miss, some are okay and some are junk. Other AliExpress watch stores I have bought from in the past with good success are BEST Tourbillon Watch Store and the BERNY Official Store. Shipping has usually taken between ten days and three weeks from China to Nevada. It seems the watches arrive faster than the Yaqi stuff I've ordered. Cheers!
I just put my Chinese made GMT (Pagani) on the time grapher. When I got it, a few months ago was aprox 20 sec/d; today it is +110s/d..... has been worn maybe 4 days and spent maybe 2 weeks in a winder..... Demagnetized, still running +100...... . Pay more for a reputable mechanical watch, or just buy a quartz watch.....these are useless if accuracy if of any importance.

I just put my Chinese made GMT (Pagani) on the time grapher. When I got it, a few months ago was aprox 20 sec/d; today it is +110s/d..... has been worn maybe 4 days and spent maybe 2 weeks in a winder..... Demagnetized, still running +100...... . Pay more for a reputable mechanical watch, or just buy a quartz watch.....these are useless if accuracy if of any importance.
Interesting, thanks for the insights. The only Chinese movement I have in my collection is in a 1963 Chronograph, the Chinese ST19 movement based upon the Venus 175; mine runs ~+10 seconds/day with is fine with me. Otherwise, I stay with Chinese watches that utilize the Seiko made NH3X series movements. I have found these movements (sample size 4) run within around a minute per week before I regulate, afterwards they run a tad better. They often go many years without requiring service and compete very well with the Seiko 5's base 7s26 movement, plus have hacking and hand winding.

Top Bottom