What's new

Aggressiveness of single edge vs. DE

Hey guys,
I like aggressive razors. Currently, I use an Muhle R41 DE which is the most aggressive DE razor on the market, but I wouldn't mind more aggressiveness. So,[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]would a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Gem Open Comb Micromatic with Ted Pella blades be a more aggressive shaver than the R41? By how much?

Regards,
J​

Grab a Classic Shaving Cobra. It uses Feather shavette blades (disposable straight razor blades)

http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/522941/6873469.htm

proxy.php

never used the R41, but most agressive razor I eveer tried is the Valet Auto Strop. The MM is a great razor- but again- I cannot compare it to the R41.

A Gem OCMM is not more aggressive than a R41. I own them both and the R41 is more aggressive. I actually think the 1907 Lather Catcher I have is a bit more aggressive than the OCMM - both are great razors. If you want to take it to the next level, just get a Rolls Razor - take off the safety bar - and go to town. I have 5 or 6 Rolls Razors which I hone myself on either my lapping film, JNAT, Silkstone or Arkie Surgical Black and the Rolls will get at aggressive as you wanna get. Get them all and have fun - that's what I did. I'm addicted to this insanity - guilty as charged!

Dont know if an OCMM is more aggressive but you might find that an SE used right is more effective than a double edge.

Top Bottom