What's new

Acquisitions October 13 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got these from my Stepfather after mentioning to him that I am now shaving with a DE.
I cleaned them yesterday using the "scrubbing bubbles", then sterilized with isopropyl aclohol. I haven't polished them yet, still waiting for Maas to arrive. Then will lubricate in mineral oil.
They've been sitting in an old shave bag for decades. He also gave me 5 straight razors which I have displayed in the straight razor section asking for any info anyone may have on them.

Here's some pics:

1. This F2 Fatboy cleaned up pretty good, I was pleasantly surprised after the first scrub. I didn't think it was in that good of condition when I first saw it covered with soap scum. The case is a little rough...but still there. He bought this new!!! I am going to use it when finished cleaning and lubricating. I like the idea of the next generation using it, I will pass it on to one of my son's someday, maybe soon.
View attachment 32226
View attachment 32227

2. Schick adjustable with case and blade dispenser. Date? anyone? I'm curious about trying to shave with one of these Schick razors.
View attachment 32228
View attachment 32229

3. Schick razor (no case)
View attachment 32230

Nice catch on the Fatboy and the Schick adjustable. Once you get the Maas try using it to polish the case the fatboy came in, you will be surprised at how much it will clean up.

proxy.php

While in a local TJ Maxx I saw this and couldn't pass it up. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to get. For $7 I couldn't pass it up.

The new home for the MWF herd.

Best of all, it's marble.

Rafi

First score in a while - stopped by the Toronto Beauty & Barber Supply store and picked up the following:

View attachment 32312

Omega Professional (the "softest" of the three Professional series brushes), some JM Fraser Polar Ice and some Booster Quinine hair tonic with oil.

I forgot how stinky the Omega boar brushes are - but after several shampoos, conditioning and latherings, its much better. I also forgot what a champ this brush is with the hard soaps - made a great lather with some C&E sandalwood, but not the best with creams. Seriously good value.

The JM Polar ice is every bit as good as the original, but has a scent I like better and a nice light cooling effect.

The hair tonic was a whim - first one I've tried with oil. I prefer the scent to the Pinaud version and its much less greasy than I thought it would be. It provides just a touch of hold and shine and is great for light conditioning and I'll use it on the weekends when I want to prevent the frizzies, but don't want to use pomade.

If you live in Toronto and haven't been to TBBS, you're missing out - I go to the downtown location and they have a nice selection of Omega boar brushes, some Vulfix brushes and the odd Kent. They also have a basic selection of the Merkur razors. The real reason to go is to sniff all the various after shaves/hair tonics, shaving creams, etc. Its like being a kid in a candy shop if you're partial to the Booster or JM products.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I gotta use Sue's picture b/c my computer is not reading my camera. :confused:

Anyway, after all the praise this one received as the aftershave of the week I had to pull the trigger. I'll try it tomorrow. Fragrance is nice. Also, Sue threw in a nice sample of aluminum-free "Fresh" deodorant. Thanks Sue. :smile:

NICE STUFF RAY!

mine pale beside them but I still love them.

1927-28 (no S/N) NEW Standard..and a very nice G bar.

Fuzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom