What's new

Acquisitions November 20th-November 26th

I finally found the local organic food store and picked up a bottle of KMF Peaceful Patchouli Shave Cream.

They also had the Weleda and Earthscience products. After reading TraderJoes glowing reviews, I may need to pick up some Weleda ASB.

Finally, they had a cream by the name of Annemarie Borlind that I was tempted to try? Any ideas?

KMF rulez in my book, get the fragrance free too it is just SUPERB...

And that, my friends, is a beautiful chunk of wood.

My thoughts exactly. Emphasis on the "chunk". The thing is massive, although I must say that the birdseye along the bottom really is quite stunning as well.

I thought it was a golf club!

Randy

I was going with field hockey myself...

Sure ... if that's how you compensate, I'm all for it. :lol:

Nice pipe! Pipa Croci carves some interesting stuff. :thumbup1:

Oy, that was a cheap shot indeed! Wait 'til you see the photograph I'm going to post in that picture thread NOW...(Ever see that episode of Family Guy?)

But yes, these were my first Crocis - would that be the plural? Certainly not collectors grade, but the size and grain seemed markedly superior to the other Croci offerings, so I gambled and bought blind. So far, I've been impressed.

Oy, that was a cheap shot indeed! But yes, these were my first Crocis - would that be the plural? Certainly not collectors grade, but the size and grain seemed markedly superior to the other Croci offerings, so I gambled and bought blind. So far, I've been impressed.

Feh. You know I was teasing.

The shapes you bought are appealing, and I often think that pipes outside of the collector grade in general offer more as far as price/quality ratio is concerned. What impresses me is top-shelf fit and finish, regardless of grade.

My order of Dominica Bay Rums finally arrived. Its a very different scent but starting to grow on me. I got the razors from a couple Ebay auctions. I cleaned and steamed the razors with some jewelry equipment and they came out great. The slim adjustable looks like Brand New!

Schick J1 injector - ebay - lovely condition, cream bakelite and brass
Schick injector blades - The Barber Shop, Holland
Personna injector blades- Ditto
Chanel Antaeus EdT - ebay
Trussardi Uomo EdT - ebay

Feh. You know I was teasing.

The shapes you bought are appealing, and I often think that pipes outside of the collector grade in general offer more as far as price/quality ratio is concerned. What impresses me is top-shelf fit and finish, regardless of grade.

:glare: Forgiven.

I'd certainly agree with you that collector's grade pipes offer a far greater return on quality for the price, but then I happen to see one of these and suddenly I'm not so sure anymore...
proxy.php

proxy.php

Sure, a top-grade pipe by Kent or Teddy would be an amazing addition to my collection, but since I'm a collector-smoker, such a purchase would be tough to make. I just can't let pipes sit on the rack.

Here are my acquisitions for this week (and a bit into last week) in no particular time order:

proxy.php

1. Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne
  2. Proraso (Obviously)
  3. Creed Silver Mountain Water
  4. Gillette Tech
  5. Gillette Rocket (Not sure of date, has British Pat. Num. 694093)
  6. Gillette Superspeed 1965 4th Quarter
  7. Gillette Superspeed 1964 4th Quarter
  8. L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
  9. Stypic Pencil
  10. Feathers
  11. 96 Isreali Personnas (I counted, I need to get out more)

All of the items have obvious uses.

I must thank fatpig for the link to the eBay item for the Penhaligon's. http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9266

The razors were from eBay and in very good nick, but alas I managed to give them a layer of brass or copper thanks to me boiling them in a vinegar/water mix with some junky razor. After several hours of dremel buffering and brasso polishing I managed to restore them to pretty good condition.

Anyway not bad a bunch of loot for me, it has pretty much doubled my shaving supplies and I have much more eBay and B&B goodies to come next week.

Sure, a top-grade pipe by Kent or Teddy would be an amazing addition to my collection, but since I'm a collector-smoker, such a purchase would be tough to make. I just can't let pipes sit on the rack.

My sentiments exactly, although oddly enough I'd have no problem simply displaying other functional works of art - a vase, for example. There's just something about a pipe that demands that you smoke it.

Here are my acquisitions for this week (and a bit into last week) in no particular time order:

proxy.php

1. Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne
  2. Proraso (Obviously)
  3. Creed Silver Mountain Water
  4. Gillette Tech
  5. Gillette Rocket (Not sure of date, has British Pat. Num. 694093)
  6. Gillette Superspeed 1965 4th Quarter
  7. Gillette Superspeed 1964 4th Quarter
  8. L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
  9. Stypic Pencil
  10. Feathers
  11. 96 Isreali Personnas (I counted, I need to get out more)

All of the items have obvious uses.

I must thank fatpig for the link to the eBay item for the Penhaligon's. http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9266

The razors were from eBay and in very good nick, but alas I managed to give them a layer of brass or copper thanks to me boiling them in a vinegar/water mix with some junky razor. After several hours of dremel buffering and brasso polishing I managed to restore them to pretty good condition.

Anyway not bad a bunch of loot for me, it has pretty much doubled my shaving supplies and I have much more eBay and B&B goodies to come next week.

Nice one Benoc, did you really Count the Israeli ? Loooooool
you really need to get out more that is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what the guy would have said if you mailed him your 4 short of 100.
sorry to hear about the vinegar water , it has happend to me aswell and I messed up a superspeed, thin handle Gillettes we should forget about using vinegar all together really its nasty

benoc...
#'s 6 & 7 appear to be slim adjustables my friend.
s~s

Oops, my mistake I meant that but for some reason typed otherwise. Thanks for pointing that out.''

Nice one Benoc, did you really Count the Israeli ? Loooooool
you really need to get out more that is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what the guy would have said if you mailed him your 4 short of 100.
sorry to hear about the vinegar water , it has happend to me aswell and I messed up a superspeed, thin handle Gillettes we should forget about using vinegar all together really its nasty

He had a clause in the eBay page saying that it may not be accurate because it is hand packed. I just wish it was over not under.

Well I will put the vinegar episode down to learning. Looks like it is boil to death with water and then just rub rub rub with polish.

Arrived today:
5/8 Oblique tip
one side of shank reads: Made from Kayser Ellison & Co
Best Sheffield
Silver Steel
Other side of shank: 77
Scales are in very good shape no nicks or chips. It is on the way to see Joe Chandler for honing.

full

Raf

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 3221

Nivea Shave Cream
Speick Shave Cream (for a friend)
Speick Body Oil
Speick DEO spray
Olba's Inhaler
Royall Lyme
Mysore Sandalwood Talc
Toothpaste
Marseille 72% Olive oil soap cube
Valobra Glycerin&Lanolin soap

This noon the postman finally delivered my Ebay won Penhaligon's Endymion.
If this is just an "average" scent from Penhaligon's i'm definitely looking for more of the products discussed on the board.

I think i've got CAD and it's all of your fault !:smile:

Top Bottom