What's new

Acquisitions November 20th-November 26th

SCS Lavender Shave Creme - for me

SCS Savor Rose Aftershave Milk and EDT - for my dad's birthday

SCS Shave Stick for Chicks - ...none of your business!:biggrin:

My pipe collection is centered around Italian pipes, and this one really is a lovely combination of Italian and Danish influences.

Ironic that you should say that Ben, since my first thought was that it looked awfully Japanese for an Italian pipe. Truly beautiful, however. That stain is remarkable.

Anticipating Kyle's return, I planned some celebratory Truefitt & Hill and Mama Bear Acquisitions. :thumbup:

full

I'm secure enough in my masculinity to say that the Honeysuckle smells fantastic!

-Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironic that you should say that Ben, since my first thought was that it looked awfully Japanese for an Italian pipe. Truly beautiful, however. That stain is remarkable.

I was thinking along the lines of the Danish egg, scoop, and brandy shapes. But yeah, I do see some Japanese sensibility there too.

Here are the vital stats.

Length: 120 mm (4.7 in.)
Bowl height: 38 mm (1.5 in.)
Outside diameter: 46 mm (1.8 in.)
Chamber diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in.)
Chamber depth: 30 mm (1.2 in.)
Weight: grams 52.4 g (1.8 oz.)

full

For my birthday, a starter type set from Art of Shaving from some good friends. The Sandlewood cream is great as is the scritchy little brush in Pure Badger. Also, two straights in a coffin case from my parents. My Dad is a Civil War collector but doesn't know much about razors. I'm hoping these two are that era.

From my Uncle just because: A Case Red Imp given to him by my great-grandfather so "he could shave correctly." He used it from his late teens into his early twenties. A family heirloom in the making.

Finally, a 40's Super Speed I won on eBay I got along with 3 GEM Micromatics for $4 shipped. I cleaned it up and have been using it this week. Nice little razor.

Anticipating Kyle's return, I planned some celebratory Truefitt & Hill and Mama Bear Acquisitions. :thumbup:

full

I'm secure enough in my masculinity to say that the Honeysuckle smells fantastic!

-Nick

Excellent! I am pleased to be of service to your *AD's.:biggrin:

SCS Lavender Shave Creme - for me

SCS Savor Rose Aftershave Milk and EDT - for my dad's birthday

SCS Shave Stick for Chicks - ...none of your business!:biggrin:

I wont ask for the Chicks stick..im sure you have a valid reason :biggrin:

Good to have you back bro.

From the English Shaving Company:
25 Swedish Gillette blades
Trumper's Coral Skin Food (just a travel size, but I had never tried it. It smells great, and I can't wait to use it tomorrow. Might even have to shave tonight!)

Here are the vital stats.

Length: 120 mm (4.7 in.)
Bowl height: 38 mm (1.5 in.)
Outside diameter: 46 mm (1.8 in.)
Chamber diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in.)
Chamber depth: 30 mm (1.2 in.)
Weight: grams 52.4 g (1.8 oz.)

I can beat that....Presenting, today's acquisition of the "Gran Camino". Apparently, size does matter.
full

Length: 190mm
Width: 64mm
Height: 79mm
Chamber width: 23mm
Chamber depth: 65mm
Weight: 228g

...and the birdseye (for which my photography particularly fails)...
full

And since I can't get a decent shot of today's other acquisition, the IOTN will have to do...
full

I can beat that....Presenting, today's acquisition of the "Gran Camino". Apparently, size does matter.
full

Length: 190mm
Width: 64mm
Height: 79mm
Chamber width: 23mm
Chamber depth: 65mm
Weight: 228g

...and the birdseye (for which my photography particularly fails)...
full

And that, my friends, is a beautiful chunk of wood.

Sure ... if that's how you compensate, I'm all for it. :lol:

Nice pipe! Pipa Croci carves some interesting stuff. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom