What's new

Acquisitions Monday September 4th - Sunday September 10th

Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Simpsons Chubby 1 Super
DR Harris Pink A/S
GFT Limes Tub
Marvis Toothpaste
C&E Sweet Almond Oil Tube

Still waiting on that PJ2 Super to come in!

proxy.php

proxy.php

So far this week, two more long-handled Schick Lady Eversharp Injectors, one in turquoise, one in white. Then a pix of the trio.

full

full

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Last edited by a moderator:
TraderJoe said:
nope....let us know how they go!
Regarding the Gillette DE blades made in Russia:
They did a great job. (Now I can only compare them to the Personna USA ones I got at Wally World, which I know don't fare too well in other reviews on this site...and I still need to order a Blade sampler from Letterk!) They seemed much sharper, but not TOO aggressive in my Merkur Classic Long Handle.

I found them at Eckerd's Drug Store, but you can see them here:
http://www.countrycc.com/gillette_stainless_razor_blades.html

Oh, and I also bought some of the Surrey Hypo-allergenic shave soap!

Coche_y_bondhu said:
So far this week, two more long-handled Schick Lady Eversharp Injectors, one in turquoise, one in white. Then a pix of the trio.

full

full

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Richard is collecting the "Miami Vice" collection razors!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I did not think about those razors one way or the other until you mentioned that! It does kinda look like it! :lol:

Hi Richard,

I bought this from a French speaking lady in the French part of Belgium. Chances are high she got it from somewhere in France yes, although I cannot confirm this 100%.

3 Tubs Erasmic Soap
1 pre '51 Gillette Gold Tech (in great Shape!!)
7 x 55g Shavex Alum Blocks
Ebony Rooney Style 1 Large in Super

Brian

Here my find from the weekend!

1 British Eveready New in Box:
proxy.php

proxy.php

1 Ever-Ready Pat 1912:
proxy.php

1 Gillette Tech (I think):
proxy.php

The handle on that Everready is sweet! Would be nice if it fit a Gillette Tech for a little Gillette lego...

Dennis

The handle on that Everready is sweet! Would be nice if it fit a Gillette Tech for a little Gillette lego...

It jsut might, I know it unscrews, I'll have to see if the threads fit to a gillette!

Randy,

Pardner, you crack me up :tongue: !

The "Miami Vice" Injector Collection! Perfect! You are right though; these are the pleasant pastel colors of Miami.

I always loved the opening credits and theme of Miami Vice!

Austin, I have been shaving with the Miami pink injector with Ted Pella blades. Great shave, love the extended reach. The cleaning lever on the underside of the head is very functional when you are ready to rinse the razor. It releases the tension on the head, but two prongs pop up internally into the two slots of the injector blade so the blade doesn't fall out when you are rinsing it.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

This morning when I arrived at work I passed by the reception desk asking them whether any packages were delivered for me. The nice lady from behind her desk "Hey Benjamin, it seems you're getting popular aroud here, every 2 to 3 days packages arrive for you!" :wink: Anyway, I put up some pictures from the stuff that arrived over the last couple of days.

proxy.php

From left to right:
- Gillette Tech with no datecode - Thank you Bunker!
- A possible other Gillette Tech (we're figuring that out in this thread so any help you could give us over there would be highly appreciated). It doesn't have a datecode but it's head is remarkable close to other Tech heads.
- A Gillette Aristocrat Junior without datacode in excellent condition with box, paper packaging, directions of use and the blades in its original container.

proxy.php

Here we have:
- Gillette SuperSpeed with datecode G1 (1961Q1) - eBay seller sent the wrong razor but told me to keep it for the trouble and then sent me the SS below which I expected to receive.
- Gillette Slim Adjustable (I think) with datecode H2 (1962Q2) - Thank you Goose!
- Gillette SuperSpeed with datecode Y4 (1953Q4)

If I'm wrong with any of these identifications, then please tell me. Still learning about all this stuff.

Just in from Menessentials.com:
Sharps Happy Me All Over Bars
T&H Luxury shave soap
T&H 1805
T&H West Indian Limes
proxy.php

Monday

2 bottles Floris Santal EDT
1 bottle Floris no. 89 EDT (yummy)
I bottle Floris JF aftershave

Wednesday

B&B Cologne (fantastic)
3 tubs T&H 1805 shave cream
1 AOS Alum block

Scarface, you snagged the last T&H limes cream, they were out of stock when I tried to order it.:biggrin:

Nitrox said:
Scarface, you snagged the last T&H limes cream, they were out of stock when I tried to order it.:biggrin:

lol sorry bout that. I checked today and they seem to have it back in stock.

By the way where did you manage to get the Floris Santal? Was it mail order? If so
your a damn lucky man. I ordered Jean Paul Gualtier Le Male cologne and it was seized and "destroyed" by customs!:cursing:

My Edwin Jagger Best Badger brush came in today. Not bad for $35. (Especially considering the same brush is $56 at C&E)

I now have everything I need to begin wetshaving.

Tabac EDT (10oz bottle)
Guerlain Vetiver (4.2 oz spray)

Both on reviews found here and on basenotes.
Thanks Gents!!:thumbup1:

Top Bottom