Here it is, bloomed, with its older brother:
IMG_2774_1_1.JPG

Box of 3 Speick Body Soaps
Speick AS Lotion (Splash)
Speick Shave Cream
Weleda "Everon" Lip Balm

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks DJ. I bought the EDC and the Shave stick a while back, and absolutely enjoy the scent. Its a classy, clean & spicy scent. The kind of scent that you search for but never find. Not to mention the shave stick works very well. After I saw you use the cream two days in a row, I took the plunge and bought the rest of it.

Joe, I have a tube of Speick shave cream too, and I'm delighted with it, in fact, I must say it's one of my favorites. I find the scent between Old Spice and Noxzema, and the lather amazing, and soothing! Enjoy it, buddy!

Jeff

crackstar said:
Joe, I have a tube of Speick shave cream too, and I'm delighted with it, in fact, I must say it's one of my favorites. I find the scent between Old Spice and Noxzema, and the lather amazing, and soothing! Enjoy it, buddy!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I shaved with the speick last night, its quite enjoyable. Definitely one of my favorite scents.

DJ - I haven't tried the Speick balm. I'm in an alcohol-based AS mode right now, and when I circle back to using balms I'll most likely pick up a speick.

Where can I get the Volabra?

Oh boy, that's a good question, Joe...hmm, I don't really know. :ohmy: I find that Cella's very similar to Valobra in texture, scent, and lather.

Jeff

TraderJoe said:
Thanks Jeff, I shaved with the speick last night, its quite enjoyable. Definitely one of my favorite scents.

DJ - I haven't tried the Speick balm. I'm in an alcohol-based AS mode right now, and when I circle back to using balms I'll most likely pick up a speick.

Where can I get the Volabra?
Joe, you will love the Valobra. You can get it here www.beautyhabit.com as well as the Speick products.
Cheers, DJ.

I got an old razor, today. I asked my father-in-law if he had an old safety razor he didn't use anymore and when he said he did, I offerred to buy it from him. He brought out two and said I could take my pick, but he wouldn't accept any money.

The one I did not select was a Gillette with the opening doors at the top. The nub at the end of the handle was blue. That's about all I can say to describe it. He said he got it a little after the Korean War.

The other one, which I selected, was an older open comb Gillette, mostly brass in color but the top plate is more of a copper color. It is in a black bakelite case with the single word "Star" on it. The piece with the comb says "Gillette" and there are some patent numbers, but I don't see anything resembling (to me) a model number. It seems to be in very good condition and I may shave with it.

He said it was owned by an uncle of his and he believes it dates to World War II or earlier. Does anyone have ideas about what model razor it is?

I want to make and post some pictures of it, but my digital camera's battery does not seem to be charging up. It may be dead after months of non-use. :redface:

Tim

Here is one pic of the razor I got, yesterday. I took several, but I must be very rusty - none of the others were any good.

Tim

Top Bottom