What's new

Acquisitions Monday October 2nd - Sunday October 8th

Yukio, De Vergulde Hand Scheerzeep means The Guilded Hand shaving soap in Dutch. I have some also, it's nice stuff, I think you'll enjoy it.

Jeff

philamac said:
Whoops, sorry about the size of that last pic.
As a postscript, the assistant in Taylor's store told me that the cream in the tubes and tubs is exactly the same formula as I remember that being discussed here before.

A trip to Jermyn Street! I am sooo envious.

I used to live in London and the occasionally self-indulgent walk down Jermyn St. was always something I thoroughly enjoyed. Shaving, shirts, shoes: it is a cornucopia of men's supplies. It has been about 4 years since I was last there, but I can't wait to return. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

You are right dzspiro, it is just a delight to walk down, especially as you can then go round Regent Street and Oxford Street. The credit card took a hammering that day.

Today, I think I have you all beat......:eek: :tongue: Cookie's 4 beautiful babies and a bottle of Dom from JoAnna.... :smile:

With that said, I am going back to sleep again..... :biggrin:
:001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

100 Feather blades(courtesy of cotton blossom-however, no free razor!) :biggrin:

Wooden soap dish (for alum block)

As a result , I have now organized my medicine cabinet into a shaving cabinet; unfortunately, it's not big enough to hold my creams, mugs,and my after shave balms. :cool:

On to the next order!

Marty

pellicle said:
full

Today:

Kiwis. Not quite ripe yet, so I figured I'd use one for a still-life. And...

But did try to shave it.....:001_tongu

Jordan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jim,

That looks like the Omega from Personal Beauty on Amazon. If so, I think you'll really enjoy it: I enjoy mine! :wink:

Cheers,
Danny

I just had to post pics on my latest brush.. Its a shining new Muehle-Pinsel Handmade Silvertip. Got it for just about 40$.. Sweet... Sorry about the crappy pics - old camera..

Danny, wait til you try the Arko "Sensitive" cream! It smells so nice, and there's a good cooling and soothing effect, especially when you rinse your face with cold water after a shave. The "Commando" cream lathers like crazy, real slick, and also smells great.
Happy shaving! :smile:

Jeff

Chagidiel said:
I just had to post pics on my latest brush.. Its a shining new Muehle-Pinsel Handmade Silvertip. Got it for just about 40$.. Sweet... Sorry about the crappy pics - old camera..

Beautiful! Only $40? Wow!

Tim

crackstar said:
Danny, wait til you try the Arko "Sensitive" cream! It smells so nice, and there's a good cooling and soothing effect, especially when you rinse your face with cold water after a shave. The "Commando" cream lathers like crazy, real slick, and also smells great.
Happy shaving! :smile:

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. There are so many folks on B&B that are Arko fans that I am very anxious to try this. Sadly, I hacked-up my face a bit this morning (perhaps too many days on the same blade + using the Vision set too aggressively) that I think I'll have to pass on shaving tomorrow just to let my face recuperate a bit. :frown: So, it'll have to wait until Sunday for my first Arko experience.

Have a great weekend,

This week:

QED Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint Shave Stick
QED Rose Geranium Shave Stick
QED Mocha Java Shave Stick
100g of White Pine Needle Chinese Tea
Nancy Boy Shampoo
Nancy Boy Conditioner
Nancy Boy Hair Gel
Nancy Boy Laundry Detergent (Lemon Verbena)
Nancy Boy Linen Water (Signature Scent)
Nancy Boy Foaming Hand Wash
Nancy Boy Body Bar (Signature Scent)

C&E Nomad Shave Cream (Jar)
C&E Sweet Almond Oil Shave Cream (Tub)

And a ton of samples and bottles from Basenotes! Mmmm.... :w00t:

Simpsons Duke #2 (contest prize, Thanks Lee!)
Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar cream (tube)
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes cream (tube)
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood cream (tube)
2 Merkur leather razor travel cases

I went back to Target today and bought spares of Proraso shave cream, pre-shave cream, and liquid cream after-shave, just in case they decide not to re-stock it.

When I checked out, the lady at the cash register commented, "We sure sell a lot of this. I had never heard of it, before." I told her that I really like it, that Target is the only place I can find it, and that I hope they keep carrying it. I doubt that my comments will get back to anyone that matters, though.

Tim

Top Bottom