What's new

Acquisitions: Monday April 16 - April 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sabini Finest, Style 3, Small

Here it is compared to the B&B and PJ2 brushes. The PJ2 had just been used. The Sabinin has been used once.

full

Poor photo, I know. I was in a rush this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some Korres Marigold ASB. With it came Korres Guava Body Butter, L'occitane Verbena soap bar, Merkur tweezers, Korres Anisum toothpaste and REN Acacia Blossom lip honey. Yippee!

full

Old sales stand of Gillette razors, Techs, I think (don't know those old ones that good). Accompanied with Trumper Coral Skin Food, Trumper Violet shaving cream tube and Cyril R Salter Sublime Citrus & Fresh Mint shaving creams (new packaging).

Last edited by a moderator:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Just received my Simpson Chubby 1 in BEST from Tony (McNutt) SMF & B&B Member. I couldn't be happier! Can't wait to use it tomorrow!

Nick..As a licensed Auctioneer, I am well versed in telephone bidding...I'd bet a number of the members here wouldn't mind doing that or at least what we call in the business a "left" bid or absentee bid...might want to consider it...unless your crowd has a large percentage of shaving enthusiasts. Worth a try.

I'd like to find out more about telephone or left bidding perhaps for next year. I think the chair of the auction committee (a volunteer) would have a heart attack if I brought up adding this wrinkle a couple days before the auction.

I don't expect to have a high number of shaving enthusiasts at the auction. Although one never knows. My modest hope is to raise some money for the organization and introduce someone to wet shaving. I originally thought of the idea because one of the committee members noted that at many of the charity auctions she attends there are few items that appeal to men.

Anyway thanks all for your interest and support.

Received on Tuesday:

QED Fresh Lime
QED Pine & Cedarwood
QED Wild Orange
QED Ranger bath bar (wow! this scent really pops!)
QED Lime ES After Shave conditioner

and for good measure,
Castle Forbes Limes Shave Cream

It's been a great week so far :smile:

An aromatic tub of Mama Bear's Chypre Rose shaving soap, together with the matching EDT; another bottle of SCS Very V EDT; a lovely Sheffield frameback straight-razor; and a Sterling silver shaving mug-and-brush set (some Simichrome polish and 30-minutes of "elbow grease").

Scored a Fat Boy off of Ebay for $15.50. It's in excellent condition except for some light brassing on one of the doors. It shaves like a dream. I think my RAD is is subsiding. I think I'll start acquiring brushes.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Aside from the soaps above, when I got home a surprise package from a buddy of mine was waiting for me which had a bottle of St. John's Bay Rum. Nice! :biggrin:

Scored a Fat Boy off of Ebay for $15.50. It's in excellent condition except for some light brassing on one of the doors. It shaves like a dream. I think my RAD is is subsiding. I think I'll start acquiring brushes.

You're going to wish you never said that. SBAD is the worst of all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom