Acquisitions January 25 - January 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this on B&B can't wait to get it

This Kit - One each of:

NEW - C.O. Bigelow 10 oz tube
NEW - Strengthening Glycerin Round from Em's place
NEW - Palmolive Shave Stick

NEW - Ever Ready Boar - I prefer this to the ubiquitous VDH boar - it will smell like a boar for about a week until it gets enough use.

4 Classic Razors - Left to Right
- Schick Injector - L1 - white handle, gold head. Head is tight, some plating loss, but no ugly duck by any means.
- Y-2 (1953) Gillette Superspeed - no plating loss, vg to excellent. Even gap.
- Merkur 23c - no plating loss, excellent.
- 1912 Gem Jr - the ugly duckling in the bunch - but a good shaver - still little to no brassing, but I believe it did have a gold wash at one point. I will also include a genuine Ted Pella blade and a Pal Blue for you to try it out.

Blades -
5 - Derby
5 - Merkur
5 - Feather
5 - Crystal
5 - Red Pack IP
4 - Schick Super Chromium Teflon Injector Blades - NOS.

ASB - about 85-90 percent of Nivea Sensitive ASB before the recent change in formula.

I'd like 69.00 Shipped CONUS for the lot.

PM if interested.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Trying to keep the AD's under control, so only this one this week:

An Eclipse Red Ring razor in a bakelite case.

Attachments

• $20100131B.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 261
I've decided to see if the hype lives up to the reality so I've just bought one of these.

proxy.php

I have one just like that, and let me tell you, yes it does live up to the hype. An excellent shaver.

Just gor back from a local flea market, and picked up some classic razor blades.

Don't know that I will ever use them, though. How did I do? The box between the two Wilkinson Swords is also a Wilkinson Sword blade dispenser. The Childs was made in Jonesboro, Arkansas, and the other two were made here in good old New Jersey.

I'm not sure what this smells like but I only paid $10 for an unwanted gift so I think it was worth a try.

proxy.php

I thought I'de give one of these cheap razor and brush stands a go, at least until I can convince mrscottisman to make me one of those great oak stands.

proxy.php

Went to the local small antique store and found this.

proxy.php

A Gillette travel razor, never been used, still has the protective paper and wrapping on the blade package.

Then I found these.

proxy.php

Now, I know the picture is lousy, I'll do better but I'm still shaking.

The one on the left says Russell's Radiator Shop, the right says Russell's Radiator and Real Estate.

I was named for this man, my Mother's Father. He passed away in 1976. I didn't think any of these existed outside of my Mother's house.

There was a bowl full. I bought 10 and will go back for the rest this weekend.

Zacsdaddy
congrats and treasure the history :thumbup::thumbup:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Got me soaps today

1x Cella
1x Dovo shaving soap (one of the coolest tin I've ever seen)
2x Valobra shave sticks
2x Palmolive classic shave sticks

Mom in law donates to the cause!
Went over and she told me she had a razor laying about and comes to me with two razors a nickel 1956 B1 Gillette Tech, Ball End and a nickel 1952 x4 Gillette Super Speed (PO used pliers on it Head comes loose.) I was pretty excited about this. The she points to a drawer in the curio cabinet and says to dig around in there... I turn up another Gillette Super Speed (no Date!) and the best part a Gem Micromatic! The plating is worn off the high spots on the Gem but it is solid in every other way. And a box with three Pal Single edge blades in it so I guess I am collecting Blades now too!

The killer is that there is a box in the same drawer for an Autostrop but no razor! I left the box in hopes the razor will find its way back, then it can come home with me.

Wish I had some heirlooms like this to pass down! Maybe my shaving stuff will be passed down to my grandsons one day. I'm a long way from having grandsons though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom