What's new

Acquisitions January 25 - January 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php
  • AoS Sandalwood Shave Soap
  • Parfums de Nicolaï - New York EdT

Sweet! :thumbup:

This came in a week or so ago, but im reeaaalllly enjoying it today!

proxy.php

Ivy League? What's it like?

Just wait until you see the (mini) score I have coming :w00t:

Sweet! :thumbup:

Ivy League? What's it like?

Just wait until you see the (mini) score I have coming :w00t:

Aaron, the Ivy League is fantastic!

I'd like to give it a full review, but don't know it well enough yet. As a matter of fact, id like your opinion of it if we can figure out how to get a sample container.

I picked up a couple of more things late last night and this morning.

A bathrobe.

proxy.php

A PAL Adjustable razor

proxy.php

and a pair of black frame Ray Ban Wayfarers

proxy.php

Both of these arrived today. A '51 W-1 Super Speed off ebay. Except for the rust from the Blue Blade left in the razor, I don't think it was ever used. Still has has the instructions and cardboard blade holder. MAAS took the rust out and it looks new. The other an EJ Chatsworth Barley.

Greetings gents,

After many years enjoyment of DE safety razors--Merkur HD, Gillette Super Speed (British), and Hoffritz Slant Bar--have to plunge into the SE world.

After way too much reading on the various choices, just decided to head over to the antique store for a look-see.

As luck would have it, picked up two nice SE razors. One GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf and a GEM Damaskeene open comb.

I'll give them some time and perhaps then post a review and photos.

Thanks to all for the terrific insights and education on the SE razors.

In good health,

Porrone

From someone who's worked on my family's genealogy, those thimbles are priceless. Grab the rest while you can. And if you haven't already started, database the family history. I can recommend a good software program if interested.

The Damaskeene is an outstanding razor!

Thank you Lou. It is indeed stamped Gem Cutlery Co., New York, USA on back and use only with GEM Damaskeene blades on the inside. Pat. 1912 stamped where head meets handle. It is an open comb model; hopefully isn't overly aggressive; we'll give it a go.

Thank you Lou. It is indeed stamped Gem Cutlery Co., New York, USA on back and use only with GEM Damaskeene blades on the inside. Pat. 1912 stamped where head meets handle. It is an open comb model; hopefully isn't overly aggressive; we'll give it a go.

You will get very smooth, close, and comfortable shaves with it. Just make sure to go nice and easy with no pressure. The angle is a bit different. The head should not be flat, but at a slight angle to the face to get the best results. You'll know by the sound of the razor and the audible feedback.

A splash proof fog free mirror with AM/FM radio and CD player from an Australian electrical retailer.

proxy.php

proxy.php

and a nice shiny gold Aristocrat off eBay.

proxy.php

Some of my scores of the week:
Schick Krona, Gem Jr., 39c slant, Gillette New.
Assorted samples.
Hopefully this will kill my AD for a while.:scared:

a tub of Mama's Mountain Waters (smells great... reportedly just like the Creed SMW - I may be in deep trouble here);

and:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

unopened, brand new, fragrant... it smells luxurious.

Last edited:
Today's Ebay score has me walking on lather! See the CASED FATBOY at the back of the set? All the goodies here for $55.83 delivered....:drool:

Life is good - Wetshaving is better!

Very rare! I thought I was only getting one but was pleasently surprised when I opened up the package to reveal 2 minis of Kouros Fraicheur

proxy.php

proxy.php

My haul for the week:
9-6 oz. bottles of OS in the Flying Cloud decanters
1 Rolls Razor Imperial
1 Gillette ball-end Tech?
2 pucks of vintage Surrey soap
1 Surrey brush
1 mug

Some of my scores of the week:
Schick Krona, Gem Jr., 39c slant, Gillette New.
Assorted samples.
Hopefully this will kill my AD for a while.:scared:

May I ask where you got those TOBS samples?

EDIT: I think I may have found an answer! $20 for all of those samples seems a bit pricey though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom