What's new

Acquisitions Jan. 10th thru Jan. 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Milady Decolletee that I've had for a few months -- the USA made ivory cased one, just found a cousin from across the pond -- a green-tinted case but pretty much identical. The underside of the head does identify this as made in England, and the barrel has some different details engraved into it.

But what beautiful razors from the early 1920s!

wow - the Brit is a NEW head, rather than the New Improved, eh? very very nice! I love these little guys.... A great score!

I've had my share of the 2-piece British #88 but never had a #77 until this week. The 1933 2-piece open comb razor, most likely the only 2-piece razor Gillette made, was delivered either in a bakelite (#77) or metal case (#88). Seems identical except for the case and bakelite blade holders.

Nice looking silver-plated razor that is a great addition to the family.

An awesome 1934 New Deluxe in gold made it into my den. No splits in the barrel and no plate loss on this beautiful and artfully made razor. This model certainly competes easily with the British made Aristocrats.

very nice - you are on a tear!

NOS Plisson brush at the fleamarket and I really like small brushes:w00t:

nice - I have a similar vintage Plisson - mine is a great brush! I hope you enjoy yours....

(If you have a chance could you post - or PM me - the dimensions of this brush? thanks.)

In the mail today (pictures borrowed from the sellers - sorry for my laziness...)

proxy.php
and
proxy.php

the first one of the NIB/NOS Gem Minute Man sets member gaj90027 offered - in box, apparently unopened, with instructions and a great ad for De-luxe GEM sets. A beautiful set! (thanks, Garry!) More pics & info here.

the second is a #8 Plisson HMW in horn... from member Evbo - this brush is a very little guy - can't wait to give it a try in the morning. (thanks, Evan)

and, unshown, in trade with member Ender7584, a puck of Lothantique and a tub of My Time Bath and Body Cannabis scent shave cream/soap. Thanks, Michael.

Thanks, B&B!

.....with ADs, this interesting phemonenon occurs.

First of all, I scored some nice razors right before Christmas. Some nice NOS razors. And then I scored some for Christmas as gifts. Then I scored some soaps and aftershaves. December was a nice month for me.

But............

But I see everybody elses scores, and I soon forget about the awesomeness that I recentley received. And I want more. And more. I have a watch list on eBay. And it's not enough. December's scores no longer satisfy.

Just an interesting observation.

DL

.....with ADs, this interesting phemonenon occurs.

First of all, I scored some nice razors right before Christmas. Some nice NOS razors. And then I scored some for Christmas as gifts. Then I scored some soaps and aftershaves. December was a nice month for me.

But............

But I see everybody elses scores, and I soon forget about the awesomeness that I recentley received. And I want more. And more. I have a watch list on eBay. And it's not enough. December's scores no longer satisfy.

Just an interesting observation.

DL

you and me both, brother.

It's wearing me down, Jon.

BTW, nice Minute Man Set!! I found and empty case today. I might go back tomorrow and get it.

DL

I bought this Slim on the bay:

proxy.php

Here is all of the DE's that I have so far:
From the left: 40's SS, Black Handle SS, Slim, Super Adj., Merkur 33C, Aristocrat, Merkur HD (below)

proxy.php

There is another 3 in the mail :blush:

Not pictured: Another Slim and all my soaps. I will post my shave den once I have everything organized

Last edited:
That is a great looking brush? Is the handle horn?

It's some kind of plastic I think, rather lightweight.

nice - I have a similar vintage Plisson - mine is a great brush! I hope you enjoy yours....

(If you have a chance could you post - or PM me - the dimensions of this brush? thanks.)

20mm and 42.5mm handle with 48mm loft
This is bloomed after first use. Firm but still a bit pricky.

If found another one a few months ago, worn but I did not know it was a Plisson handle. Good for restauration (anybody?)

It's some kind of plastic I think, rather lightweight.

20mm and 42.5mm handle with 48mm loft
This is bloomed after first use. Firm but still a bit pricky.

If found another one a few months ago, worn but I did not know it was a Plisson handle. Good for restauration (anybody?)

and there is this one I found a couple of months ago - a GREAT brush!
proxy.php

Nice score on the Yardley, Harry! Let us know how it smells/performs!

That bowl of Yardley is a pretty rare score, isn't it? Congratulations, and let us know what you think of the shaves.

Well... they both smell like soap!

The OS does not have the traditional scent you would expect to find. The Yardley still retains the slightest hint of lavender.

I've shaved with vintage OS before and liked it. Good cushiony lather, even without the OS scent.

1956 (3rd quarter) Red Tip Super Speed!

Here is a before shot, showing how gunky it was:

proxy.php

And here are a few shots after being cleaned as well as I could:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

There is obvious brassing on the underside of the head, and it seems that the doors are quite tarnished. Part of me wants to polish it up to see if I can get the doors cleaner, but I don't know if it would be effective. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom