What's new

Acquisitions 29th March - 4th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big week for me! From left to right:

Block of alum (forgot mine, was traveling, and in an Indian market)
2x Monsavon
2x French Palmolive
4x Godrej Fresh Lime (there was a minimum to use a debit card, so I was forced, forced to clear them out . . . :thumbup:)
Proraso AS Balm
Proraso AS Splash
Bengall Extra Hollow Ground in what I think is horn scales. Oxidation is very superficial, I am quite pleased with how easily it will clean up! A $5 'Bay steal.
Colgate shave stick tube
L'Occitane Vetyver EdT, and some Cade ASB samples
And finally, A Body Shop brush. Not for me, but SWMBO — she wanted something softer than the VDH brush that she could leave in the tub.

Not pictured: Lùcido AS Splash
And that's all. *phew*

I am not a fan of gold plated razors, but I couldn't pass this up. It looks as if it was never used. This is the second slant I have found in this condition, and I wonder if the previous owners used the original blades. If so, I can see why they never used the razors again. I tried one of the NOS blades and it was the most irritating shave I have ever had.

I just had to have this was on a buy it now/make offer. I made an offer and got it cheap including the shipping. For me it's my birth year razor....
picture.php

I found a schick injector in it's tin (opened), for $7. I though that wasn't bad at all. It wasn't until I got to the car and inspected it more thoroughly that I realized the blade in it was a blank - meaning this thing has never been used. Nifty. :001_smile

proxy.php

A package from Bullgoose was waiting for me when I got home from school (sorry about the crappy "backdrop")...

Opening the package (got rid of the backdrop)...

The goods:

- Arko Moist shave cream (Figured for the price it was worth a try.)
- MVP blade sampler pack. (5 Shark Super Chrome, 5 Shark Super Stainless, 5 Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge, 5 Astra Superior Stainless, 5 Feathers, 10 Crystals, 10 Super Iridiums)
- Alt Innsbruck decant (sprayed some on my wrists, haven't decided for sure if I like it or not)
- Ogallala Bay Rum cologne sample (*thrown in as an extra- thanks Phil! :thumbup:)

I thought I'd break this up into two posts due to the number of pictures. There's a bit of a story behind this acquisition. If you saw my pictures in last week's thread, I got some safety razors from an antique store. I went with two of my friends (it was spring break :thumbup1:) so we were finding things to do. Anyway, one of my friends was telling his dad how we went and I got a few razors and he said "Oh I have an old safety razor lying around somewhere. He can have it." My friend was surprised he had one and asked "You have a safety razor? Like an old metal one that twists open?" To which his dad replied "No! A straight razor! With one big blade!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

So after school today I swung by his house (we decided it wasn't a good idea to make the exchange at school:tongue_sm) and picked it up. I'm starting to get interested in straight shaving, but I have no idea about the quality of this razor except for the fact that it's made in Germany. It says "G.C. Co. Germany" on the blade and it's got a bit of rust. The scales are plastic and seem to be in pretty good condition, no cracking but possibly some minor warping. Here are some pictures.

I apologize for the terrible quality; I know it must probably annoy some of you guys who are amazing at taking pictures. I was in a hurry to snap some shots and get them up here so I can learn more about this razor!

I certainly will. I don't see how it could be a two piece looking at the design of it though. It would have to be a three piece.

This is the ad that is linked by Aaron622

I was linking to the thread in general (which also links to a TSD thread). I'm not sure the razor in the ad you showed is the right #77 since that one looks like it has a tech head to me. The main point is that it's not a mismatch.

I just had to have this was on a buy it now/make offer. I made an offer and got it cheap including the shipping. For me it's my birth year razor....
picture.php

Nice pickup especially since it's a birth year.

Now you are aware it's a Slim in a Fatboy box :001_smile

Got this very fine razor with some really beautiful scales from Ambrose on B/S/T.

It is a Full Hollow Belbo 7/8 straight with Custom Amboyna Burl Scales and Ebony Wedge.

Ambrose does some really fine work :thumbup:
The photo doesn't do it justice.

I have yet another score to share this week! Today, it's a Trumpers sample pack. This thing shipped fast! Only six days from London to Indiana.

In the comments section I asked to have the shower cream and cologne samples substituted for more skin food and shaving products. I quickly got an email back saying they had done so. Awesome customer service! :thumbup1:

If you can't tell, the sample with the black cardboard is pomade. Neat!

Did the same thing when I was at home in Indiana over the summer. Very nice products, but not worth the money to me.

Just one off the bay last night.

proxy.php

I'm not really sure what it is but it was listed as a Gillette. It looks like an Otto Roth handle but I thought they has an open comb top. Anyway, I don't have one so it'll be nice to put in the collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom