What's new

A real ominous sign.......

From the Superlather website.......

The Italian Question???

I heard from my Italian supplier the other day regarding the Floid and Proraso shipments using a Class 3 forwarder and unfortunately the news is not good. He tells me that the one forwarder he was able to work with was constantly pestering him for additional paperwork and would not commit to a firm price for delivery. We can't do business along those lines so for now the future availability of the Floid and Proraso is uncertain. I have a couple of other avenues to explore but I won't do anything about it until late October at the earliest. The likelihood though is that I have sold my last bottle of Italian Floid and Proraso. I can still get the Proraso Pre/Post, 500ml tubes of shaving cream, and the P160 bars but the only way I was able to import these and make it worth my while was to incorporate them into a Floid or Proraso aftershave shipment in order to offset the high shipping costs. The creams and soaps don't retail for what the aftershaves do but that doesn't change the very high shipping costs. Hopefully things will change for the better but I'm not getting my hopes up at this point.

Yeah, that's not exactly good news is it? I've really become a big fan of the Proraso splash and have been waiting for Mark to get it back in stock so I could pull the trigger on the more cost-effective big bottle. Looks like we may have to settle for the small bottle at 15-17 bucks a pop. It just irritates me to pay that much for what is essentially Italian Aqua Velva, but what's an aftershave junkie to do?

Yep, you'd think that the companies that make these aftershaves would be thrilled to get their products sold here in the US. I'm about halfway down on a bottle of Floid, so this is not good to hear.

Ugh. Glad I bought the 400ml bottle when I did. Groundhog is right though, just have to suck it up and pay the $20 for the small bottle.

Bummer.

Top Bottom