What's new

A post that I have been dreading to make

Thanks. I did want to go to the Pearl Harbor. Is it an easy day trip via boat or plane?
It is quite easy. Short 20min drive depending on where you stay.
You will watch a 30min informational movie before boarding the boat out.

While there, you should look at visiting the USS Missouri.

Visiting the Arizona Memorial is a touching event.
If it's possible to do, don't pass up the opportunity.
Active Duty, military retired, or Veterans with a service connected disability can stay at the DOD Halekoa Hotel on Waikiki for very reasonable prices, but making reservations as far ahead as possible is recommended.
It's quite an emotional experience, was for me anyway.
We stay at the Hale Koa every trip out, usually the final 2 or 3 days just to chill without need for a rental car at that point.

* Pro-Tip - If one plans to stay here or at any of the other DOD resort-type hotels; register for the Star-Card credit program. You can use the INITIAL charge on the card during checkout and it will knock 10% off your entire bill.

* Pro-Tip #2 - Charley's Taxi is a very reliable and economical way to and from the airport

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It is quite easy. Short 20min drive depending on where you stay.
You will watch a 30min informational movie before boarding the boat out.

While there, you should look at visiting the USS Missouri.

It's quite an emotional experience, was for me anyway.
We stay at the Hale Koa every trip out, usually the final 2 or 3 days just to chill without need for a rental car at that point.

* Pro-Tip - If one plans to stay here or at any of the other DOD resort-type hotels; register for the Star-Card credit program. You can use the INITIAL charge on the card during checkout and it will knock 10% off your entire bill.

* Pro-Tip #2 - Charley's Taxi is a very reliable and economical way to and from the airport
Thanks, and I got your PM too. As things settle down a plans are being made I will tap your knowledge.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes, overall my life has been pretty dang good. My bank account may not be rich, but I’m rich in everything that matters. I wouldn’t change anything.
Perfectly stated. As the book of Job relates in the first chapter (paraphrased; I'm no skoller) "naked I came into this world, and naked I'll leave it" or something like that.

We ALL put too much emphasis on money. I love the fact that people seem surprised that Jesus said that the streets in heaven are paved with gold.

During Jesus' earthly existence, I doubt they had sanitary sewers in Jerusalem. So lots of stuff ended up in the streets. A good reason to offer a foot bath to the guests coming to visit.

Jesus told us that the streets are paved in heaven with the stuff that we on planet earth put the most value on.

Don't be concerned about that bank account my friend. It seems to me, and many on this forum, that you have been making "memory deposits" in the lives of your loved ones, and those will never run out.

Indeed money is or should be low on all our importance list. I got divorced while my oldest 2 were still young (under5). I made the conscious dicision to focus on them over career. Passed on several high paying jobs that would have me away alot. In the end my girls all came to live with me by about 10 years old.

I could be "rich" with money right now and not have the relationships I have with kids/grandkids. Or I could be rich in relationships. Choice is easy and clear to me!

Enjoy your family
Jay

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Indeed money is or should be low on all our importance list. I got divorced while my oldest 2 were still young (under5). I made the conscious dicision to focus on them over career. Passed on several high paying jobs that would have me away alot. In the end my girls all came to live with me by about 10 years old.

I could be "rich" with money right now and not have the relationships I have with kids/grandkids. Or I could be rich in relationships. Choice is easy and clear to me!

Enjoy your family
Jay
You are like George Bailey, the richest man I know.

So sad more don't make that "easy" decision my friend. Why? Because in fact it ain't easy. Unless you are wise. YOU are wise. I wish I had been wiser in my life. That is actually just about my only regret. I've been blessed beyond measure, but I do wish I'd been wiser. I'm glad my only begotten is already wise.

Owen: I am like innumerable folks on Badger and Blade, still praying for you and yours.

You are like George Bailey, the richest man I know.

So sad more don't make that "easy" decision my friend. Why? Because in fact it ain't easy. Unless you are wise. YOU are wise. I wish I had been wiser in my life. That is actually just about my only regret. I've been blessed beyond measure, but I do wish I'd been wiser. I'm glad my only begotten is already wise.

Owen: I am like innumerable folks on Badger and Blade, still praying for you and yours.
Thank you.

I'm so sorry to hear this.
May Owen R.I.P.

Top Bottom