What's new

A possibly better way towards a more comfortable, efficient shave with BBS results???

Consider a slant. The razorock super slant is brilliantly designed. Italian Barber really is the only company that cares about slants enough to invest time and money into redesigning it. The l1 plate is mild whilst being extremely efficient and clamped better than any other razor on the market.
I have been thinking of trying a slant razor such as the RR superslant. I typically prefer a milder razor (EJ89 or superspeed) but I don't mind "blade feel" and my skin isn't sensitive in general. The idea of a well-machined, close tolerance, slant like the RR is appealing but they're kinda expensive. Any advice?

I have been thinking of trying a slant razor such as the RR superslant. I typically prefer a milder razor (EJ89 or superspeed) but I don't mind "blade feel" and my skin isn't sensitive in general. The idea of a well-machined, close tolerance, slant like the RR is appealing but they're kinda expensive. Any advice?
I'd suggest an l1 or l1+. The way the razorock base plates work is that + and ++ have increased blade gaps and each l1/l2/l3 have more exposure. For me l2 and l3 are too much for a daily. L1++ had a bit too much gap. L1 was great, the angle is locked in but not too much. The l1+ gives me just enough flexibility with the angles that after much experimentation I settled on it. Razorock is passionate about slants and the super slants are the best on the market

I went down that road in the past and I will share what works for me. BBS for my bread and mustache requires me to go ATG and I use a mild razor for that.

It is 3 passes, i used to use a merkur futur and make adjustments on my mustache, bread, and neck. for the first 2 pass, on the 3rd pass, I would dial it down to -1 ,(some futur are able to adjust well below the .5 mark) and then go ATG.

Now I rotate between .68 razor for my first pass, and a mild razor like the mamba, hensen al13, etc if I feel skin needs that extra pass.

I find that if I skip a couple of days once a week, I can let my face recover from shaving. So I could three pass shave with touch up three of four days each week with BBS shave every time. Like many, I have hair that grows in multiple directions, mainly on my jaws and neck, so I have to be careful. I never had a problem getting BBS smooth, as long as I touch up problem areas.

Top Bottom