What's new

A PIF in Memory of My Dog

Sorry for your loss. Dogs are such loyal companions that it is truly painful to lose them.

I feel somewhat selfish putting my name in the hat, but humbly do so since it is your wish to honor your lost friend. "I'm in". I don't have a dog to give some extra affection to, but I reply with fond memories of my dog, Murphy, who had to be put to sleep 3 years ago.

I'm in, and I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Never owned a dog personally (many cats, however), but I love other peoples dogs. My mom and dad have a Maltese/Shih-tzu/Yorkie named Marley that goes absolutely bonkers when I come over. Apparently he knows my name and all they have to do is tell him I'm coming over and he loses it. He's not mine, but I'll be sure to give him lots of extra love next time I see him. And my 4 cats and rabbit will be getting many rubs tonight.

PDman:

She was beautiful! I'm so sorry. I hope that very soon you get to the place where you just remember the good stuff, and that time eases the pain of her passing. It sounds like there's been a lot of good stuff.

I've been a vet for 10 years. I had to euthanize two yesterday. It never gets any easier.

Good luck. The fact that you're doing something positive like a PIF says a lot about you.

Not in, but i am truly sorry for your loss. Dogs are great companions, and i can't imagine the day when my 2 get there. I hope you find peace.

Sorry for your loss.....my 12 year old budgie died a little before Christmas and that was a heart-breaker. I still expect to hear him chirp sometimes. But 12 years for a budgie is like a hundred human years so I guess he lived a long happy life.

And I think this is my 1000th post and I have nothing to PIF...what a shame...999...one more to go!

Peace to you, brother...enjoy the great memories!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Lost my best friend on December 12. I know how you feel.

Attachments

• $h.jpg
    $h.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 91
So sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers to you and your family. Breaks your heart when you lose an old friend like that.

I'm in.

May your sweet companion rest in peace. I know how hard it was when I lost my feline friend who lived to 19 years old. And after losing a close friend this week, my heart breaks even more as I am going through the grieving process as well. Just remember that Sammie loves you and always will.

Loving on my sweet k9 Rino now... time is precious
I'm in :angel:

Last edited:
I'm in. Hard to say good bye to good friend. I did the same three years ago. In the morning I'll throw the ball a couple extra times and give a couple extra biscuits to the new boy, Rusty, in honor of Sammie. They are such a joy.

Really sorry for your loss mate. It's just heartbreaking to lose a companion pet it really is. Our cat Isabella is asleep between me and the my other half right now, sending all of our condolences and best wishes.

Not in but this is a lovely gesture in Sammie's memory.

I'm in.

I'm so sorry for your heartbreaking loss, it must be so difficult to go through... Unfortunately my parents will not let me have a dog, but my girlfriend has 3 German Shepherds. One of them is a puppy of one of her bigger shepherd girls. I love them so much, and always spend time walking them, playing, training, pampering, cuddling, and getting into a little trouble with them for some harmless fun. They have truly accepted me as a pack leader, and the bond is built to last. It is a truly special and unique relationship. I'll be sure to sneak them a little treat next time I go over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom