What's new

A First Time for Everything

Lord B - Herban Cowboy is reputed to be one of the worst attempts at soap in the whole history of soap.

As someone above recommended, Van Der Hagen soap from Wal-Mart or a Walgreens, maybe CVS should have it. If you have Rite-Aid drugstores or a higher end supermarket near you, you might be able to find Real Shaving Company shave cream and after-shave balm. Finally the other common bargain is C.O. Bigelow shave cream from your local mall Bath & Bodyworks.

Your info says that you're from Seattle - there should be lots of places nearby to drop some cash on more expensive items. Try this thread here:

Seattle Brick & Mortar Shave Supplies

You should have AOS, T&H, L'Occitane, C&E, at least. Just drop the Herban Cowboy and back away slowly :001_smile

------T_M

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Just a tip, use the "Quote Post" button to reply to someone and "Multiquote" when more than 1. :001_smile

Welcome to B&B!

Lord B - Herban Cowboy is reputed to be one of the worst attempts at soap in the whole history of soap.

As someone above recommended, Van Der Hagen soap from Wal-Mart or a Walgreens, maybe CVS should have it. If you have Rite-Aid drugstores or a higher end supermarket near you, you might be able to find Real Shaving Company shave cream and after-shave balm. Finally the other common bargain is C.O. Bigelow shave cream from your local mall Bath & Bodyworks.

Your info says that you're from Seattle - there should be lots of places nearby to drop some cash on more expensive items. Try this thread here:

Seattle Brick & Mortar Shave Supplies

You should have AOS, T&H, L'Occitane, C&E, at least. Just drop the Herban Cowboy and back away slowly :001_smile

------T_M

Wow! Thanks for the area-specific pointer! That will greatly aid in my finding some decent supplies.

BTW, I retired the Herban Cowboy today and went with a shot of Van Der Hagen today. Followed that up with some Nivea post shave balm that was recommended. Still new to discern all the subtleties, but I am not feeling the burn I did after my first attempt.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
@OkieStubble

Thanks for the detailed response. And yes, I think I was hunting for BBS, so I'll let go of that for now until I get some issues sorted out.

You are very welcome my friend, I am glad I could help. I Thought you might of been hunting for BBS. Don't ever worry about finding BBS my friend, Because when your technique is down and the time is right.

BBS, will find you... :001_cool:

+1 on Proraso (CO Bigelow)... This advice was given to me after my first post and it's been great. It lathers like a champ and leaves your face feeling smooth and tingly. I practiced lathering in a reclaimed Chinese rice bowl until my razor arrived. That helped some. It's not a waste of cream/soap if it helps you get that lathering technique down!

You're gonna need lather, lots of lather...

Welcome to B&B and happy shaving!

Top Bottom