What's new

40's Superspeed...what modern razor is comparable to this razor?

I've recently started back with wet shaving and am loving it! I've been using my 40's superspeed for a close shave. What is comparable with this fine razor. I've looked at Henson, Razorcock, Rockwell, etc. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Weishi 9306 F TTO is a Gillette Super Speed copy and an excellent one at that. (Van Der Hagen is a rebranded Weishi).

About $12 with a travel case and blades on Amazon.

An awesome shaver.

Last edited:
Get a similar model Aristocrat/President/Diplomat and get it replated?

The only real differences are the finish and the handle. The higher end models have a much nicer feeling in hand then the regular superspeed.

There isn’t any modern equivalent. The VDH/Weishi is poorly made by comparison, and my 9306 doesn’t shave AT ALL. I PIF’d my VDH. It was never better than “ok”.

Keep using the SuperSpeed. You won’t find a better razor

Last edited:
There isn’t any modern equivalent. The VDH/Weishi is poorly made by comparison, and my 9306 doesn’t shave AT ALL. I PIF’d my VDH. It was never better than “ok”.

Keep using the SuperSpeed. You won’t find a better razor
My Weishi 9306F shaves exactly the same as a Gillette SS, which is a little aggressive. More aggressive than an R89 as an example.

The construction is top notch--an awesome chrome plated brass shaver at about $12.

Bought mine in 2017 for $10. Came with a travel case, 5 blades, mirror and cleaning brush.

My Weishi 9306F shaves exactly the same as a Gillette SS, which is a little aggressive. More aggressive than an R89 as an example.

The construction is top notch--an awesome chrome plated brass shaver at about $12.

Bought mine in 2017 for $10. Came with a travel case, 5 blades, mirror and cleaning brush.
But it’s not nearly as well built, and mine doesn’t shave. I bought my SuperSpeed new in 1973 for $1.99 with 5 blades. 51 years later it works like new.

Top Bottom