What's new

INFO! 2024 Rudy Vey B&B GROUP BUY!!

Alright y’all for anybody sitting on the fence out there…time to send your order in!! 6 days left till close, let’s see if we can get this group buy to 50!!

Alright y’all for anybody sitting on the fence out there…time to send your order in!! 6 days left till close, let’s see if we can get this group buy to 50!!

What is the current count?

And just so I'm 100% clear on what I may be ordering, this is the Shavenac Silvertip fan ($160), right?

I'm asking because some fan knots look like a flat-top...this one looks more like a hybrid fan/bulb.

1711374427137.png

Last edited:
What is the current count?

And just so I'm 100% clear on what I may be ordering, this is the Shavenac Silvertip fan, right?

I'm asking because some fan knots look like a flat-top...this one looks more like a hybrid fan/bulb.

View attachment 1818047
Current count is at 37. 13 more, we can do this!!

And yessir, I do believe that is the fan knot. I will let @Rudy Vey confirm that however.

Get in on this while you still can y’all! 😃🤙

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Thank you, but I'm still hoping Rudy will confirm that the brush pictured is indeed the fan.
Yes, all the knots, badgers, in the pictures are fans, should have not cut off the top of the brush, so it looks a bit flat.... Shavemac bulbs are more rounded. The choice is fan or bulb.
Here is the same knot, just a different handle:
1711381379625.jpeg

And here is a Shavemac bulb, my favorite brush:
1711381432758.jpeg

I think this shows clearly the differences in the shape.

Yes, all the knots, badgers, in the pictures are fans, should have not cut off the top of the brush, so it looks a bit flat.... Shavemac bulbs are more rounded. The choice is fan or bulb.
Here is the same knot, just a different handle:
View attachment 1818140

And here is a Shavemac bulb, my favorite brush:
View attachment 1818141

I think this shows clearly the differences in the shape.

Thank you Rudy.

Most of these brushes are going to look familiar to this group because they might have been yours. All but the Simpson chubby 2 syn was bought off the BST.

Semogue boar, B&B boar, Plisson, Chubby 2, RV silver tip badger bulb.

Thinking the D01 fan would be a nice addition. What say you?

I am exclusively a bowl/scuttle latherer. View attachment 1815582

Offtopic..... but what color or edition is that B&B Boar?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Offtopic..... but what color or edition is that B&B Boar?
That is the B&B Essential Boar with a select knot from Omega.
That brush is the pink glitter brush in Honor of Saint Sue.
You see these from time to time in the BST or in auctions here.

image.jpg

My two favorite brushes. Both were made by Rudy and both have Shavemac 2 band silvertip knots. I’m not in for this one but have been tempted to almost duplicate, save for the color, a brush I already own.

For anyone that doesn’t have one of Rudy’s brushes, this is a great way to find the last brush maker you will ever need.

These may help a little.

The Shavemac 24mm in both bulb and fan. The bulb has more shaves on it (the fan isn’t really broken in yet).

I can tell you the fan is not a flat top in my opinion and the bulb is not a hybrid, it’s a bulb.

If they look familiar it’s the contributor handle from 2022 made by Rudy. I think I have 7-8 in that shape, love it!

IMG_5047.jpeg
IMG_5046.jpeg
IMG_5045.jpeg

These may help a little.

The Shavemac 24mm in both bulb and fan. The bulb has more shaves on it (the fan isn’t really broken in yet).

I can tell you the fan is not a flat top in my opinion and the bulb is not a hybrid, it’s a bulb.

If they look familiar it’s the contributor handle from 2022 made by Rudy. I think I have 7-8 in that shape, love it!

View attachment 1818388View attachment 1818389View attachment 1818390
I'm sure I saw that handle shape on several SOTD's and thought that's something that might work, so ordered one from Rudy. It really is a most comfortable handle.

Top Bottom