What's new

2016 "Gold Dollar" MOD Competition is ON!

The Gallery sits silent waiting for that first ball to come flying up to the green. The tension is so thick it's almost visible. Meanwhile in workshops around the world, cheap chinese razors are being transformed into works of shaving art.

I've made a little progress with a few of my subjects. Here is a little taste.
proxy.php

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
And on a lonely cable ship in a remote corner of the Caribbean Sea, in a tiny, secret workshop, stuff is happening that has nothing at all to do with fiberoptic communications and everything with high performance shaving implements created from cheap Chinese Razor-Shaped Objects... stay tuned...

Great Slash, I have an image of an old sea dog hunched over a whirling grinder. I cant wait to see what progress you've made.

I've got one good prospect roughed out with a few others stuck in my head. I was considering posting a picture here of my work so far

Great Slash, I have an image of an old sea dog hunched over a whirling grinder. I cant wait to see what progress you've made.

I've got one good prospect roughed out with a few others stuck in my head. I was considering posting a picture here of my work so far

LMAO Now why would you be envisioning Me Chris LOL:lol:

Oh GREAT, all the GOOD honemiesters are sea dogs. I don't stand a chance, I like my sprawling luxury and I'm not much for sand or sunburn

LMAO Yep, what else is there to do when out to sea than take out a stone and sharpen up the Utility Blade or Boatswains Knife. Gotta make sure them things are keen in order to slice through a mooring line like a hot knife through warm butter should the lines get tight enough to make the tattle tale sing:thumbup1:

Just Kidding of course, do not EVER try to cut a taut mooring line, just get the heck back and stay out of the way otherwise you may end up looking like a jigsaw puzzle by the time it is done with you if it parts.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
LMAO Yep, what else is there to do when out to sea than take out a stone and sharpen up the Utility Blade or Boatswains Knife. Gotta make sure them things are keen in order to slice through a mooring line like a hot knife through warm butter should the lines get tight enough to make the tattle tale sing:thumbup1:

Just Kidding of course, do not EVER try to cut a taut mooring line, just get the heck back and stay out of the way otherwise you may end up looking like a jigsaw puzzle by the time it is done with you if it parts.

I'm not navy. We don't use tattletales on mooring lines. When it starts getting skinny and hard as iron, and starts squeaking and burning on the bitts, then you know it's gonna go. But parting mooring lines is actually pretty rare on merchant ships. I guess we get more practice, and we have fewer people interfering with the process.

I would never carry rocks to sea. Too much weight in the seabag and 50 lbs dont leave you much room for the clothes and gear you might need for any climate in the world for the next 4 months or more. Practically all my jobs are flyouts and its already hard enough to not go overweight on the baggage. Even for a pierhead jump, most likely I will still have to fly home. If I will be honing something, I take some lapping film and find some glass on the ship. For my own shaving razor I got my pasted balsa. Or a shavette and some Feathers. For my knives, a carbide pull-through gitser sharp in about 4 seconds.

Top Bottom