What's new

2000 Post PIF! Closed- thank you!

Alright guys I'm several hours late but dinner was finished quite awhile ago. Unfortunately it's been a bit of a chaotic night with a family member in the hospital(she has since been released), so I haven't had the time to tabulate the entries. So for now I will say that the PIF is closed and the winner will be announced tomorrow. My apologies that I'm keeping you in suspense gents. Stick around for just a bit longer for me.

Alright guys I'm several hours late but dinner was finished quite awhile ago. Unfortunately it's been a bit of a chaotic night with a family member in the hospital(she has since been released), so I haven't had the time to tabulate the entries. So for now I will say that the PIF is closed and the winner will be announced tomorrow. My apologies that I'm keeping you in suspense gents. Stick around for just a bit longer for me.

Sorry to hear about a rough night. Glad the family is now ok!

No worries on the suspense either. Life happens! (And also your generosity more than makes up for a wee bit of suspense!)

Thanks for your understanding guys. And for the kind words. I'll pass them on to her. She's doing alright after a couple days in the hospital and probably just needs some rest and care. But I really appreciate it guys. I do have a preliminary list made and I just need to double check it before running it through random.org to get the winner. The list will then be run 3 times, as three is my favorite number. Once I've got that done we shall have our winner. Stay tuned.

PS: Thanks to whichever mod updated the thread title. Very helpful as usual. :thumbup1:

Alright gents. I've been checking and compiling and rechecking the entries between customers at work today and I've finally got it. So without further ado, the list, randomized 3 times! A shot of the list below (screenshots from my iPhone as I know no other way to do it while I'm at work). And the winner is, Haggises!! Congrats, a PM will be on its way shortly with further details and a request for your address.

In the meantime, I'm sure you're wondering what my favorite scotch is. Well what you don't know is this has been a bit of an interesting way for me to collect some ideas on scotch to try for myself in the "not terribly expensive" price range. But I do have a favorite scotch and it was only guessed (on the nose that is) correctly by one entrant, TheHammer. It's JW Green label! Always in my cupboard and my go to scotch in the evenings. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And then there's the scotch I had last night with a friend after a tough day. Called Pig's Nose, its blended by master blender Richard Patterson, who's a complete nut: (If you haven't seen this its very entertaining)

Thank you to all the entries and thanks for the kind words at the end here guys. I really appreciate it and its put a smile on my face after a few difficult days. And thanks B&B and the mods and stews that make this place a daily habit for me. Looking forward to the next 2000, and many more, posts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic PIF. What a way to celebrate 2000 posts. Thanks for the generous offering and a fast recovery to your loved one.

Gobsmacked. Shocked, stunned and not a little amazed!

i'll be raising a glass of Highland Park to the west in appreciation! Thanks!

Gobsmacked. Shocked, stunned and not a little amazed!

i'll be raising a glass of Highland Park to the west in appreciation! Thanks!
Haha! And a glass of green label to the east my friend! Your very welcome. I hope you find some goodies at QCS that you'll enjoy. They have amazing stuff IMO.

Congrats to Haggises and thanks again to catherix for the awesome PIF and incredible contribution as a member of B&B!

Thanks again guys! This one was a lot of fun!

Some new developments: Haggises has politely declined my blades and suggested I give them to someone else. So, since only one person guessed my favorite scotch they're going to him! So congrats TheHammer! PM inbound!

Man, PIF's are a blast!

That catherix feller is not to be trusted, he's devious.
He sent me not one, but TWO pucks direct from QCS, plus a bottle of their Cayman ASB.

I'll put out a write up later but for now initial impressions are good. the Fougere puck smells great, but the scent of the Iced Key Lime will knock your socks off. I put some ASB on a few hours ago, and the Bay rum scent still lingers.

Tyler my friend, thank you for your generosity and contributions to this board. You are the type of gentleman that makes this such a great corner of the Internet.
Thanks!

That catherix feller is not to be trusted, he's devious.
He sent me not one, but TWO pucks direct from QCS, plus a bottle of their Cayman ASB.

I'll put out a write up later but for now initial impressions are good. the Fougere puck smells great, but the scent of the Iced Key Lime will knock your socks off. I put some ASB on a few hours ago, and the Bay rum scent still lingers.

Tyler my friend, thank you for your generosity and contributions to this board. You are the type of gentleman that makes this such a great corner of the Internet.
Thanks!
:devil2:
Thanks for the kind words Tony. I really hope you found something in that box that you love. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts.

Top Bottom