What's new

2000 Post PIF! Closed- thank you!

Edit - Hope ya'll are paying attention. See post 61 or the edits to this post below. :ninja:

Whoa! 2000 posts? What the heck have I been talking about this whole time? :biggrin1: Due to my constant spamming of the forum and some recent over the top generosity from a good friend(yah I'm talking about that free shipping), here we are again with another PIF.

<insert here: fancy eloquent speech about how awesome my posts are>

Well I'm sure you're wondering what I might be PIF'ing. And although that's completely reasonable I must report that some of the details have yet to be worked out. So temporarily this PIF has a tad bit of mystery to it. Once some more of the details are hashed out I'll update this post and let you all know. Or maybe I won't. Haven't decided yet. So for now here is the list of items for this PIF:

-A puck of your choosing from Queen Charlotte Soaps
-Some blades of my choosing from my crazy shave den
-Aftershave of some sort from my crazy medicine cacabinet

The rules?? Well yes there are some. No one likes rules but I've got to do it so here there are:

-Post "I'm in" or something similar clearly indicating to me that you would like to participate.
-To make things more interesting, also post a guess of what my favorite scotch is. (Hint: it's not terribly expensive)(further hints to come I'm sure, in fact see the second hint below)
-Have at least 50 posts at the time you post in this thread. Do not have most of those posts be from participating in PIF's. Yes, I will likely check, and that will be a lot of silly work for me.
-Have a mailing address in the CONUS.

Bonus points?? Yep, there's some of those:

-Have a contributor, veteran, or active duty badge. This will be worth one additional entry. (ie you don't get two additional entries if you are a vet and a contributor)
-Correctly guess my current favorite scotch. This will be worth one additional entry.

I'll close this PIF when I finish eating dinner on Friday, April 19th. The winner will then be chosen in some sort of random manner that I have yet to choose.

Thanks for participating and for being a part of this awesome site! And a warm thank you to the moderators that work so hard to keep this place going. I truly appreciate being able to enjoy our forum without all the hassle I've found on other forum that I've participated in.

EDIT: Well I've got more info and I'm happy to announce that the winner will get to choose any soap that he/she would like to try from the QCS website. QCS has held the top spot in my den for a long time and if you haven't tried it here's a great opportunity to do so. I'll give further instructions to the winner. (Please note I'm in no way affiliated with Matt or QCS. Just a happy shaver.)

EDIT #2: Alright gents, its getting stale here and we still have some time so its time to stir up the pot a bit.

Hint #2: Its a blend, not a single malt. I will edit the first post as well for future posters.

If you would like to change your guess please do so BUT please include your original guess as well. To that point, you can edit your original post or post again. Just let me know what your first guess was too because I'm enjoying hearing about all the difference scotch out there.

Last edited:
I'm in!
And as to the favorite scotch I will guess Glenfiddich 12 year old single malt as I myself have a bottle of this and have enjoyed it thus far.

I'm in!
Hmm... favorite scotch, not terribly expensive?
I'll guess in the lower end and say Dewar's!
Or maybe Chivas...
Nah let's go with Dewar's.

Hi Tyler: I'm not in but this is a very generous PiF. You are a true gentleman and it is always a pleasure interacting with you while spending time on B&B. Take care my friend.

WARHAWK

Hi Tyler: I'm not in but this is a very generous PiF. You are a true gentleman and it is always a pleasure interacting with you while spending time on B&B. Take care my friend.

WARHAWK
Mel
Thank you my friend. I can only say the exact same thing of you. It's been a true pleasure interacting with you as well. Hope you're doing well.

Congrats on the posts and your time here. This place really is great.

Im in and I think your scotch is Laphroaig 10-year

have greatly enjoyed your posts. congrats on 2000 of the wee buggers.

in please since id love to try qcs but can't at the moment due to sabbatical.

and....JWB.

Top Bottom