What's new

1936 Silver Plated British Open Comb Aristocrat Set

I recently acquired a 1936 silver plated British Aristocrat that can be seen in Achim's site. I received the razor recently and got around to cleaning it up today. As is common to silver plated razors, the razor had a lot of tarnish that went away with just one soak using the aluminum foil / baking soda / hot water process.

Razor, case interior & price insert. The silver plating on this razor is perfect and worked out to a brilliant shine with just one soak and no polishing at all:
View attachment 313213

I never imagined that a silver plated aristocrat could look as beautiful as its rhodium plated relatives, but they do hold their own against their rhodium plated cousins when it comes to appearance, class & finesse. The 1936 silver plated open comb Aristocrat (left) and its rhodium plated #21 aristocrat cousin (right) side by side:
View attachment 313214

Close up of the 1936 silver plated aristocrat showing the head and center bar (without wings):
View attachment 313215

The nickel plated case (that has not been cleaned up yet) and the silver plated aristocrat:
View attachment 313216

There is one difference between my set and Achim's set though: the notch on the base plate in my razor is different than in Achim's sets and is exactly like in this post on another thread started by elmerwood. I do not know if there was any conclusion on elmerwood's set but here is mine with the unique base plate!
What magnificent elegance!!Use it in good health and enjoy!

Top Bottom