What's new

#1 Down

Did my first full straight shave tonight. The only part that I did with my DE was just under my nose (I have a mustache and wanted to keep it that way :001_tt2: ). I do have some irritation on my neck, and I definitely have some practicing to do, but I like it. I only did WTG, a couple of passes, so it is not the closest shave that I have had, but there were also no ambulances, so I consider that a win.

#2 down, and you were all correct, it does feel more natural very quickly. As a bonus, I am getting my MWF to lather much better and getting to use my new scuttle :w00t: . Kind of in Nirvana here, lol.

I do think I will be smart and take a day or two off before my next, just to not overdo things, but this is fun :thumbup1:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
#2 down, and you were all correct, it does feel more natural very quickly. As a bonus, I am getting my MWF to lather much better and getting to use my new scuttle :w00t: . Kind of in Nirvana here, lol.

I do think I will be smart and take a day or two off before my next, just to not overdo things, but this is fun :thumbup1:

Sounds like you're on the right track! It takes time before you get a really good shave but it's all worth it IMO!

#3, only a slight nick on my ear and a weeper on the cheek (which was stupid because I could feel the skin catching but continued anyway, foolish on my part). Most comfortable so far, and a little bit of trying XTG, though only a little.
It just keeps getting better, nice.

Just finished my fourth shave, and even this early on, I am getting at least as good a result as I ever did with cartridges. I tried my square tip tonight, and I think for a while I will stick with my GD 200, so far it has been the best for me and aside from the plastic scales, I think she is a winner.
And just for note, I have done all these shaves with MWF, and it keeps getting better with each one as well :thumbup1:, and it certainly has no problems with a scuttle.

Alright, so skip a few shaves................ :001_smile

Did my first shave ATG today and wow. Yes I can get closer with my DE, but the sheer satisfaction of doing it with the straight is almost mind blowing (ok, one small cut :tongue_sm, still learning holds). As well, I am getting the hang of my W&B which makes me feel good as well.

So, to sum up, great shave tonight :thumbup:

Top Bottom