What's new

I'm done with PayPal !!! Any alternatives?

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
HI guys,

Recently a couple of people sent me payments to my PayPal. They will be available to me only at the end of the month or in the next month!
This is beyong what I can stand. I with PayPal drops dead as soon as possible.

What I wanted to ask is there some service that allows transfer of money from bank account to another bank account, from USA, Canada, Europe to Israel, where I currently live.

Thanks

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
All politics aside, PayPal has a little feature where you can use THEIR MONEY, for about two months, with zero interest or other charges.

It's called "Pay in 4". They spread out the payments from your account over four installments, for purchases as low as $30, up to $1,200 or $1,500 purchases.

And as bad as they might be with your money, I always love using other people's money.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As much as I dislike many of their social positions, you'd be hard pressed to find a similar financial institution with such robust buyer protection.
@Columbo
They also have paypal credit, which if paid in full within 6 months, is interest free.
@Space_Cadet
It may be that the buyer protection issue is what's holding up access to your money. They want to make sure the buyer got his goods.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
HI guys,

Recently a couple of people sent me payments to my PayPal. They will be available to me only at the end of the month or in the next month!
This is beyong what I can stand. I with PayPal drops dead as soon as possible.

What I wanted to ask is there some service that allows transfer of money from bank account to another bank account, from USA, Canada, Europe to Israel, where I currently live.

Thanks
It depends on your history selling and receiving money. I had a problem with the recent group buy which was over a certain limit and funds above this could be held up to 21 days (I think business days...). I did some research and talked to them, and eventually they must have reviewed my selling past and gave the funds "free". I also up'ed my limit, so this would not happen again. Sometimes also certain words might trigger a hold, normally shorter, but can be 10 days or so. Many years ago I got my hands on some old growth Cuban mahogany (must have been from the 40's and was here in the US since then). Every payment that had the word Cuban in it was held and reviewed, but eventually I got it. Check on your limits is the first step.

In my opinion PayPal is the only good way of payment - with quite good protection for the buyer (!) - for international payments. I have not done may international bank transactions, but they always cost money (for the bank that is). Venmo is great way to pay, and I use it frequently, but only for people/friends I know and make regular payments to.
Zelle is also a way to pay, but there is no protection at all and often used by scammers. You will not get you money back with Zelle, just ask how i know....

Top Bottom