What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Head and face shaving 9.5/10👍

Smooth day for everyone 🍻.

IMG_20240508_115248.jpg

GRUME 08 May 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

1715165007113.jpeg

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rain (small
container)
Prep Cold Shave Hot​
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#55 of 100
Shave #
King C. Gillette
7 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter Lonestar
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
BBS​
10.0​
0​
0​
Minimal​

Comments: A nice smooth face feel shave this morning. Lots of errands follow my physical therapy this morning, The hip replacement recovery is going well.

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel Dickinsons f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Musk f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick

SOTD: 05/08/2024
9/10
Razor: Parker Variant
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 5th use
Brush: Maggard SYN 24
Bowl: StuArt Small Swirl Bowl Bowl
Soap: Stirling Havaford Croap
Balm: Stirling Havaford Balm

Good shave today no nicks or weepers. Only one pass as not much growth today. Love the Stirling HaverFord. Thinking of swapping out the variant for a non adjustable. I like the heft of the razor but I’m doing it a disservice by not using the adjustability feature.

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

Attachments

• IMG_0615.jpeg
    IMG_0615.jpeg
    821.8 KB · Views: 4
Preshave: Hot Shower
Soap/Shave cream: Stirling Soap Coniferous
Brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Feather (1)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 10/10

Rummaging through my blades the other day, I found a tuck of Feathers I'd almost forgotten I have and decided it was well past time to try one. The Rockwell is a smooth razor, particularly with the R3 plate installed, so I gave it a go.
I cut myself.
No, not with the shave but getting the bleeping blade out of the bleeping wrapper. I've never seen so much wax in my life. :001_rolle
No big deal. I dropped the blade into the razor and got to work and immediately realized this was going to be an extraordinarily good shave. It didn't feel too aggressive at all, just smooth and easy and delightful. So at long last, I can understand the almost religious fervor for the iconic Feather blade. I wouldn't like it in an aggressive razor but in the Rockwell, it was wonderful.

proxy.php

Last edited:
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
Uomo da Vinci Silvertip #293
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Beverly Hills, Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
This was the sixth consecutive day I used my Feather AS-D2 razor with a Feather blade. I’ll probably keep the blade for another few shaves. Today’s brush is Uomo da Vinci Silvertip, #293. This brush is not the best-looking brush I own - but it feels great on my face. m I am using the Haslinger soap for the tenth consecutive day. I have been using brushes with less water in them and found that using a dryer brush with this soap results In a smoother shave. I squeeze out most of the water in the brush and keep it damp rather than wet. Today’s shave was a perfect BBS shave. Have a wonderful day.

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Stainless Steel Overlander with Argyle Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Sandalwood
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: AP Shave Co Briar Handle 26mm Cashmere Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, weepers, cuts or irritation. As usual with the OL an excellent shave!

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Hardware
RazorKarve Overlander (SS)
BladeGillette Perma-Sharp (2 / 5) [4]
BrushSemogue SOC Boar (Taj)

Software
Pre-
LatherCatie’s Bubbles ’95 Liquid Labels (Sample) [7]
PostClubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Rating
9 / 10

Notes
Skipping pre-shave worked out all right this morning.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, May 8th 2024

Razor : Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72 316 SSP, Mfg 2021>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC with great design. Ticks all the boxes for myself for a decent DE razor + with in reach for affordability IMO. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Personna Red (4) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Nice blade to use in the den.
Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice unique clean scented cream with excellent lather qualities. Makes excellent ubber lather also.
Brush : Yaqi " mysterious space" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice luxury splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Pinaud Clubman lotion with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my RR Lupo.72 with a Personna red.
SOTD May 8 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Wednesday morning shave:
Daily Shave 5.8.2024.jpg

Pre-Shave
Warm Shower; Cube 2.0
Soap/Cream
Seaforth Spiced
Brush
Semogue Owners Club Badger
Razor
Gillette Red Tip
Blade
Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Aftershave
Cold water rinse; Thayer's Lemon WH; Seaforth Spiced AS
Fragrance
Rating
8/10
Comments
One day growth.

Routine Shave with the Red Tip and Polsilver.

First shave with Seaforth soap. It's really a thick soap. I left the brush soaked and still had to dip the tips to thin out the lather. Wonderful residual, moisturized feel. Nice scent - not strong at all. I like it.

Three passes and one clean up. Didn't look for BBS - didn't spend time removing stubble, but got a close, comfortable shave.

One minor nick on my neck near a leftover surgery scar. My inattention.
No cuts.
No irritation.

DFS

Happy hump day!

237 days to retirement.

Wednesday Morning Whisker Whittle

Rating: 9.9/10 Almost Perfection

Just love this little Made-Rite Pure Badger. Small but powerful.
Aqua Velva Musk - where have you been all my life? LOL

Above The Tie SE2 Razor
Kai Captain Pink Mild AC Blade (9X)
Proraso Blue Shave Cream
Made-Rite No. 82 Pure Badger Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On

Aqua Velva Musk Aftershave

78565D97-BF36-4F16-87A1-41387549D1C4-compressed.jpeg

Wednesday Morning Shave-

IMG_0183.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower, Proraso Red

Badger: Pegasus Mistura
Blade: BiC

Razor:
GC 68 Jaws
Soap: NO Logbook
After-Shave: Cold Water Splash, GFT Alum, NO Logbook

Rating: 9.5/10

Notes: BBS. Pushed it a little hard around the neck swirl area and ended up with some slight irritation but that was all on me. The equipment all performed flawlessly.

Top Bottom