What's new

Anise frags?

So I love Stirling's anise soap and aftershave stuff. Tiki too. Are there any good long-lasting frags that are mostly about the anise?

English Fern is a staple for me but mostly lavender with just a bit of anise. Doesn't last too long either.

Thanks!

Azzaro pour Homme jumps immediately to mind. While it is a fougere, with the typical lavender and oakmoss, you can't miss the anise, which is front and center. It is a classic fragrance, and one of the very limited group that Luca Turin rated five stars in his fragrance bible. It can often be found deeply discounted at TJ Maxx and Marshalls (I paid under $20 for mine).

Azzaro pour Homme jumps immediately to mind. While it is a fougere, with the typical lavender and oakmoss, you can't miss the anise, which is front and center. It is a classic fragrance, and one of the very limited group that Luca Turin rated five stars in his fragrance bible. It can often be found deeply discounted at TJ Maxx and Marshalls (I paid under $20 for mine).
+1. Very noticeable.

Maybe it was just my imagination, but Brut Classic from USA (manufactured in Mexico) had a faint whiff in the background that reminded me a lot of aniseed.

Maybe it was just my imagination, but Brut Classic from USA (manufactured in Mexico) had a faint whiff in the background that reminded me a lot of aniseed.
Lol , I was just going to make the same suggestion, it is definitely there, in Brut Classic (with the medallion) they turned up the Anise a lot compared to the regular Brut

Azzaro pour homme (classic man's scent(
Rive Gauche (modern version of man's classic scent)
Lolita Lempicka (much sweeter and liquoricey, (but yet very classically manly in its own way)

I second (third? fourth?) the Azzaro pour homme suggestion. YSL Rive Gauche has a similar vibe, and is one of my favorites. A bit hard to find though.

OK so I bought a bottle of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. Wearing it today. Maybe I'm crazy but I don't smell anise/licorice at all. It's a sweet floral to me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
LLam is well thought of by Turin and Sanchez; I'd like to get some.

Azzaro PH rocks, but any anise is faint, to me.

AA

Crown signature blend.

This.

Crown Shaving Tonic and Cologne Signature blend (roll-on). Anise heavy but also with a touch of Bay Rum and barber's talc for the best barbershop aftershave I've ever tried. Lasts a long time on your skin too.

Out of the many aftershaves I've owned, this has gotten the most unsolicited compliments.

Top Bottom